“Sadly, This local find has become a tourist mega.”
Review of Poe's Tavern

Poe's Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Marietta, Ga.
“Sadly, This local find has become a tourist mega.”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

It is always crowded. The food is good but I prefer other restaurants in the area to this one. If you don't mind the wait, try it.

Visited August 2013

Brunswick, Georgia
“Decisions, Decisions”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

What to have for lunch, the burger or the chicken sandwich, but then which one to choose. Didn't even consider a salad. I have never seen such a variety of burgers in my life in one restaurant. I decide on The Black Cat Burger. A 1/2 pound of medium rare beef topped with chili, bacon, pimento cheese, grilled onions, tomato and lettuce served with thin crispy fries. My husband gets a burger with more traditional toppings. One bite and I do believe I moan with sheer pleasure. I do need to mention that we did not eat again that day. Our server was delightful and even though they were packed she treated us very well and came back to check on us quite often. Poe's Tavern is a winner.

• Visited July 2013
Essex, Vermont
“Wildly popular.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We ate at Poe's Tavern on the recommendation of a friend. We arrived just before 11am to find that the parking lot was almost full and half of the tables already occupied! The ambience shows a place that is full of character and is probably unchanged from decades ago. It's just plain worn out, but filled with memorabilia and Poe-related stuff everywhere. Seating is both indoors (some a/c) and outdoors on the deck or small patio. Food was good. My burger was cooked perfectly to medium-rare and topped with an unusual goat cheese. Hand-cut fries were string fries. Delicious and hot. Our kids ordered quesedillas to be safe. My husband ordered the fish sandwich and said it was good (he's not too particular). I would go again, especially with friends or after a long day at the beach for a nice cold beer. Btw, there is additional parking down the road about 100 yds on the left.

Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“limited menu but great food and service”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Poe's is a casual bar near the beach with staff that are extremely well trained. That's so surprising for this type of bar. Seat yourself inside or out. We first sat at a booth inside but the air conditioning was too cold for two in our group so we moved outside to a comfortable table. The menu is limited and their forte seems to be burgers. I was the only who ordered a burger. I had the Starving Artist, a bunless burger with a side of coleslaw laced with blue cheese. It was delicious. I took a chance and ordered it medium - pink inside. I went for it because I figured that sold lots of it and the folks all seemed to really care about the food and the experience.

Others in our party tried and loved salads, soup and tuna tacos.

They serve no coffee or dessert. It is okay to smoke at the tables outside.

Morrisville, North Carolina
“Pretty good bar”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Fun with the Edgar Allen Poe history (who was once posted at fort moulltrie), but the food is bar food and just OK. Nothing special.