“We keep coming back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Summerville
Salem, VA
“We keep coming back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

I can't say enough nice things about this place. That's why I stay there with my family (sisters and brothers in law) each year. It takes 3-4 rooms for our group and the staff there always go above and beyond to accomodate us. One of my sisters has special needs and they always make sure she has the accomodations she needs.
The place is consistently clean and I've NEVER seen anything that needed updating or repaired in the years that we've stayed there.
As always, April is very gracious and Shawn has become a familiar fixture at the front desk in the afternoons and I know we will be well taken care of during our stay. Michael is just as gracious and helpful.
Each time we stay there from check-in to check-out we get the impression that the entire staff are there just serve us. BUT I've observed that ALL the guests are treated with the same courteous hospitality. Professionalism is another word to describe the fantastic staff! Kudo's to the person or persons in management that stresses good customer service....
The breakfast buffet is also consistently good with a nice variety of items to choose from. The bagel thing this year was new and delicious. Breakfast area also clean and well stocked.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Soospig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Towson, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

Stayed three nights. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms were clean, service was excellent. Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Casselberry, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2007

Stayed here on a short vacation stay for Labor Day.

Pros:
-Excellent helpful staff. I forgot my laptop battery and the manager Shawn took his time to see if they had an extra battery in the lost and found drawer. It took him a long time and he was really concerned. He was also very helpful during the checkin.
-Great location - close to shops, eateries, Walmart, & 1-26.
-Great wireless internet.
-Comfy nice beds.

Cons:
-SMELLS! I stayed on 2nd floor and when you open the door, the overly fragrant smell lets you know they are trying to cover something. Very musty...glad I only stayed 1 night!
-Bathtub had hug cracks in tiling and saw mold.
-No elevator. If you are booked on 2nd floor, be prepared to carry luggage with you.

• Liked — Internet and helpful staff
  • Disliked — THE SMELL
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2007

This hotel was great and very clean. The staff members were extremely helpful and let us check-in early and check-out late. The free continental breakfast was also great. They had fruit and tea in the lobby at all times. We will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean hotel
  • Disliked — No on-site washer and dryer
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sumter, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2006

This was by far the most awesome hotel I have stayed at in a good while. We were there for 6 days and 5 nights. The room was great....very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the breakfast was wonderful....lots of choices! There were also fresh baked cookies in the lobby but, be warned, they are usually all gone by 6pm. Everyone was very friendly and helpful....and I mean everyone. The manager, breakfast crew, housekeeping and the maintance people all had great personalities! I was extremely pleased and would definitely stay there again!

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2006

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn in Summerville this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was very clean, including the bathroom. We didn't have a problem with noise coming from other rooms or have a problem with people slamming doors at all hours of the night. The staff was extremely courteous. Breakfast was good with a pretty good variety of foods.....better than most continental breakfasts. I even had time to get down to the pool a little bit. The pool and pool area was kept very clean. I don't have one single complaint about my stay there and I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to other people!

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2005

Our room stunk like urine, the walls were smeared with some kind of substance, the coffee maker was full of old coffee from the previous guest, my wife had to fix the stopper in the tub because it would not stay open. For a Hampton Inn I was shocked and disquisted! I would not stay here if I were you.

• Stayed July 2005