Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Renaissance HotelsUS$148
Hotels.comUS$148
PricelineUS$148
Expedia.comUS$148
FindHotelUS$148
HurbUS$164
All reviews full kitchen beautiful hotel love this hotel family members waffles great location fries one night within walking distance free breakfast eric nathan gym jobs brand housekeeping property
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2020

Back in August of 2019, our family had 3 rooms at the Residence Inn, in Summerville, SC. We moved in August 4th and checked out December 20th, 2019. This hotel became our home and was our refuge during one of the most difficult times of our lives. Our home had flooded and we were displaced due to the reconstruction of our first floor. Our family ranges in age from 8-89 years old. We had a handicap room for my in-laws, and between my son, niece, and my husband and I, we had 2 more rooms.
Malonda was amazing and very patient with my long list of medical, and handicap-ready needs. We met on a few occasions to discuss pricing and room options, etc. She was monumentally kind and throughout our stay, when we needed help with printing invoices for the insurance company, etc. She was always professional and very on top of any detail I needed to be taken care of. She was so knowledgeable about navigating the insurance billing process---cannot say thanks enough!! Her help was priceless!!

Holly was so helpful when we were seeing which style rooms were available and she gave about 30-40 minutes of her time to help me measure for my mother-in-law's walker to clearance and lessen her chances of fall risks. She was always helpful with taking care of my room and cleaning needs. I took care to be proactive about our room's cleanliness, but if I had questions or needs, she was prompt, courteous and always had solutions to all my cares. In our handicap room, we had some special needs with regards to cleaning and accessibility. Holly took extra care and her attention to detail was greatly appreciated!

Eric B. took care of maintenance in our rooms. I had an accident in my room, which involved some smoke and actually set off the fire alarm--causing the fire department to be dispatched. Nothing caught on fire, but the smoke made my room not smell the best. We were able to work together to get the smoke out of my room and return it to a livable space, without having to swap rooms. We had too much to move, per my thoughts! Eric accommodated our disaster. Eric was always available to assist all my family members, with various requests. Every request we put into the maintenance department was handled pleasantly and promptly!! Way to go!!

Terrance helped in housekeeping and maintenance. My in-laws have walkers and on countless times if one got away from us in the wind, he would retrieve it and help get everyone safe. He was always a pleasure to talk to. He helped with our trash and holding doors...a true gentleman!

Skylar, Melissa, Linda and Juliet were always ready in a moment to help me with any request I made...smiling, pleasant to talk with, I couldn't have made it through these months without them!! I trusted them and they were so great with my son and in-laws. If I had to run to the bathroom, they would watch my son in the breakfast area. My in-laws were treated like family, too!! Everyone would watch for their safety, partner with us to encourage my father-in-law to look up when he walked so he wouldn't fall. We are still bummed there was never a race between "Grandma & Grandpa"! I have a little dog and she was loved on by everyone behind the desk!!

Courtney and Ms. Mary in the breakfast area--cannot say enough "Thank you's" to these two!! My mother-in-law loved grits--and ANY time she wanted them, the ladies would make them special for her. I don't know if we will ever get her to stop smiling from being called "Gorgeous" every morning by Courtney. She and Ms. Mary made Jackie feel special! I loved the veggie crumble and when I asked for it special...they would make some for me. My son liked the strawberries and grapes so much, but some mornings, they weren't available for everyone...but Nathan could always get some!! I think I may have mastered the art of the single waffle!! We had a lot of fun with these ladies and the food was appreciated so much!! Ms. Mary is so kind and was such a joy to spend my mornings with!! I loved surprising Courtney with a special set of birthday decorations!!

Carrie was an addition to the staff while we were guests...I loved her soft-spoken and laid back way she ran her crew. Housekeeping has a tough job flipping rooms and sometimes the staff was stressed out...Carrie helped them to have a happier mojo!! She was super sweet and always helpful!!

Candis was the primary lounge attendant--I think she became one of my favorite people at the hotel. The atmosphere she fostered with the lounge guests was awesome!! I have some great new friends from my time at the lounge. Skylar's shift at the front desk was also during the lounge time...she was efficient and professional and assisted in creating a light and fun atmosphere! She was also one of my favorite buddies!!

Melissa loved my family. She took extra care to check on us and make sure all our needs were met!! I think her favorite family member was my dog!! She spoiled her rotten!! I was so glad to celebrate her birthday while we stayed here!!

Eric C. was instrumental in helping me coordinate the delivery of hospital equipment and setting it up in my room--it arrived before we were back from getting my father-in-law released from assisted living and he handled the whole delivery moment!! I was so worried about the delivery and he eased my cares with seamlessly handling my need...and it was a great need, too!! Eric helped with billing issues, swapping rooms to help us have the most space available to us. Any and every logistic detail I had concerns with, I received assistance from Eric and the whole staff. I have loved chatting and getting to see first hand how well this management team works together--with business handled and with smiles and fun!!

Nathan is the manager and he allows his staff to do their jobs and to do them well! He has a fun demeanor and made staying here enjoyable! We had the pleasure of surprising him with a birthday celebration! It's hard to surprise someone who is watching you on camera!! lol :)

I learned that when a hurricane comes into town, hotel staff step up their commitments!! We weathered hurricane Dorian and bonded a bunch with the staff and their kiddos!! They were efficient, professional and took great care of their facility and guests! We felt safe here!

2  Thank HappyLisa24
cysummervillegm, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Summerville, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2020

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your review! We enjoyed accommodating you all during your times of need. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

This property is only a little over a year old. It is part of the new Nexton area of Summerville, SC. We were warmly greeted by the Desk, and actually offered an upper floor room. This was New Year's Eve night. The room was nice, and we were actually able to watch fireworks from our room. The bed was very nice, and the shower was really nice, with a little ledge for my wife to shave her legs. The only issue I had was that the water floww in the bathroom sink, could have been a little stronger. This area is really nice. Within walking distance, you can see many little shops that are just starting to build into the little community. The little Art place is nice, as is a couple of eating places. The Chophouse is expensive. There is a gym, as well as a Dentist, and a Wild Birds Unlimited. We will stay here again. There is also a Courtyard next door, so you can walk over and grab a meal. Free breakfast was really nice, with waffles and such.

Room tip: We enjoyed the 4th floor.
Date of stay: December 2019
cysummervillegm, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Summerville, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2020

Thank you for staying with us we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and see us again on your next trip through Summerville!

Dual General Manager

Reviewed November 10, 2019

We stayed just one night because of a local event my daughter was participating in. The Inn was very clean and seemed new. The room was a good size. Breakfast was included and good, although my daughter was looking forward to oatmeal rather than grits for breakfast. Everything worked in my room. The gym treadmills did not have functioning TV screens, but the elliptical machine did. I wish the complimentary shampoo and conditioner were a better brand and larger in size.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Jennifer P
Sunshine819518, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Summerville, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2019

Thank you for staying with us we enjoyed accommodating you. You will be happy to hear we are upgrading the size of our complimentary toiletries before the end of the year!

Reviewed September 3, 2019

This property was excellent for three tired scuba divers that had dived the Cooper River looking for Fossils. Clean, Quiet, and roomy. Beds and pull out couch were very comfortable. Housekeeping great. Free breakfast was good, lots to choose from. Staff excellent/friendly.

Date of stay: August 2019
Sunshine819518, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Summerville, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you "diving" into our hotel after a long day and glad we made you feel at home. Please come back and see us on your next trip through Summerville!

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Very nice hotel, beautiful room but pet friendly?? Pet fee was as much as the room and absolutely no place to walk the dogs!!

The room cost $140 and the pet fee was $150. Room was very clean. No notice of cost of pet fee on their website when we book the room. Really should have a bigger area that’s grass seed for the dogs.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sunshine819518, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Summerville, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Hi Dragonwoode,

Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business! All Residence Inn by Marriott's allow pets in rooms. We do have a cleaning fee due to Marriott standards we have to have the room carpets, sofa, drapes, etc. cleaned when the animal checks out. The cost of this incurred plus not being able to allow the room to be rented the same day the pet checks out is the reason for this charge. I does seem expensive if you are just staying one day, however, Residence Inn is an extended stay hotel and most of our guests stay multiple days, weeks and even months at a time. For the longer stays the rate explainable.

I hope this helps you understand our pet policy and we hope you would come back and see us soon!