Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
SAVE US$24
Expedia.comUS$123
Staybridge.comUS$123
FindHotelUS$126
All reviews washers and dryers ice maker dishwasher prepackaged guests
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2020

I have almost 2 million points with IHG. This has caused me to readjust my booking choices.
I just spent some days at the Staybridge Suites that was supposed to be 5 weeks.

From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out earlier than proposed, it was a mess. You have a 3rd shift person who will not wear a mask. Each morning at breakfast there is so much missing and 6:30 start time frame you will wait at least till 6:50 or just get whatever they have.
The rooms are not cleaned. The staff says they have people walking out that work there.
Well I walked out and left weeks early and went to the other hotel company.
Management, staff need training, purchase some plastic plates to eat on instead of just bowls since you will not use the real plates and utensils, cook up some eggs, make some coffee, oatmeal and muffins. Typical items available. This hotel really needs work as many items need to be repaired and its a new hotel.
Covid is the reason for everyones reason. But that is a cop out for not being able to hire people who will really do the work.

No excuse for not cleaning the room and replacing towels.

Room tip: Do not expect quality service
Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Other at Staybridge Suites Summerville, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2020

Hello Joe C,

Our goal is always to provide a safe and healthy environment for all our guests, and I'm sorry to see you had issues with the staff and the housekeeping. Please allow me to apologize. I have sent you a PM to know more details.

I want to also thank you for booking with us. I look forward to seeing you again.

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 15, 2020

I have been at this hotel due to home repairs since April & absolutely nothing has changed since day one! I have continued to get top notch service since the very first day! The one thing that has change since I came here,is the food. We now get home cooked meals, verses everything prepackaged microwaveable food due to Covid. The staff is wonderful. From the Great Front Desk Staff Elizabeth,Lexi & all the others that are always helpful with whatever need I may have, to my housekeeper Tirina who is the best! To our wonderful kitchen staff who keep our bellies full, To all the houseman who keep everything clean, disinfected and smelling nice and a high five to Brandon in Maintenance for keeping the pool sparkling clean and everything running like a fine oiled machine. You really can't ask for more...close by shopping, some within walking distance, restaurants near by. Quick access to the freeway. Free laundry which I was thrilled about! It's small & not a lot of machines, but hey... at home you only have one machine! Best thing for me is, it's pet friendly! Had it not been, it would have been a NO GO! If you're displaced from your home for whatever reason or your traveling or here on a job, THIS IS YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME! Where your welcomed as a guest, but treated like family. :) If I had anything at all negative to say, it would be the disrespect of some of the guests, which is no fault of the hotel. Parents that let their children run the halls at all hours, drinking to way past excess & being rude in public areas. It's nice to be on vacation, everyone wants to relax & kick their heels up a bit. But if you wouldn't do it at home...please don't do it here. This is a FAMILY FRIENDLY HOTEL & Kids should not be subjected to drunken behavior. Other than a few bad apples, it's really been great! So pack your bags & come on down!

Room tip: only a couple days a Studio would do fine, but if you're going to be longer, would recommend a Suite with a separate sleeping area.
Date of stay: April 2020
Reviewed August 25, 2020

We have never stayed at a Staybridge property before and were somewhat hesitant because the price seemed to be quite inexpensive. We decided to be open-minded and give it try. Lucky us!! The hotel was extremely clean and the personnel were exceptionally friendly and outgoing. The suite was large and fully equipped with everything needed. The kitchen even had a 2-burner stove top, the refrigerator had an automatic ice maker, there was a dishwasher and all of the sundry items you could want. The bed and bedding was comfy!! There was a laundry room that had several washers and dryers for your use. When walking by, the room always looked spotless. The breakfast was fine, especially considering the current COVID situation. They always offered to serve the hot foods for you and there were plenty of options other than those foods. They even put out paper bags so that you could take a snack or a meal to-go! I was somewhat hesitant about staying here, but we plan on coming back to the area several times a year and I honestly look forward to staying here again and again!!

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Lynn F
Reviewed July 20, 2020 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the weekend. The room was nice and all for the price we paid. Questioning was ask before booking the room how much are you taking the serious you all taking this virus? Answer was taking temperature when arriving as you enter, we request ever one to wear mask as they enter building, and also we deep clean every room after each quest. The lies they tell, no temperature check, people walking and around hotel with no mask on. The Receptionist told me they can’t make guests wear masks. I said don’t they have this rule in place down here in Summerville S.C, she said test but we aren’t making them! I said will that’s not what I was told prior to to booking. Well we can’t do anything about it. In owner room we had tissue and paper towels that’s been previously used and Pubic hair all in the shower. Called front desk and they said house keeper clean rooms and was check behind. I said ma’am house keep probably was in here to straighten up but not in here to do deep cleaning like was stated in phone conversation when asked the question before booking. Never really comment about anything but I felt the need to address this situation. I was so disappointed in my stay. Me and my husband went to store and brought some clean supplies tissue and paper towels to feel a little comfortable. Will never ever book here again!!!!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessical435
IHG Service, Other at Staybridge Suites Summerville, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2020

Hello Easybreezy91,

It was our pleasure to accommodate one of our valued IHG Rewards Club members. We appreciate your candid remarks.

I am elated to find that the highlight of your stay are the clean and comfortable room. It is also great that you felt our staff members accommodating. I understand that there were areas we weren’t able to exceed expectations. We will address the concerns raised with our hotel’s upper management. Please know that your feedback is valuable to us and we appreciate your patronage. We use feedback, such as yours, as a reference to improve our guests’ experience.

We hope to welcome you back and show you an experience that we can be proud of.

Best,

Kenneth F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 9, 2020 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago because I am an IHG member and they recommended it. I stayed for about a week. Well let me start by saying that for the price I expected it to be a little more upscale. I have stayed at other hotels in the area around the same price but more upscale and more amenities.The rooms were nice and clean. No issues. The bed was comfortable. The walls are kind of thin though. They don’t have a restaurant but they do have limited breakfast. I don’t think I remember seeing a bar either. The hotel is ok but really really basic. One good thing about the hotel is that it is in a good location. A shopping center and lots of restaurants are located within walking distance. They along with many hotels do not do room cleaning everyday but do assist with all the essentials as needed. Overall the staff was nice. Rooms were clean. Just not what I expected for the price.

Date of stay: June 2020