“Buyer beware! I purchased”
Review of Baker's Sweets

Baker's Sweets
Get food delivered
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Sumter
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a Coffee House with an amazing Bakery and Restaurant.
Reviewed March 31, 2021 via mobile

Buyer beware! I purchased two birthday cakes for a large party. When I picked them up I notice that one of the cakes had the cake showing through the icing along with the name (written on the front), sloping significantly downwards. I pointed it out to the employee and she said the cake showing through was because of the flavor (chocolate). She offered to have the cake decorator fix it, but I had no time to wait. I found out, after arriving home, that the cake showed through around the entire cake. Definitely not a professional cake. Save yourself the heartache and money and go to a local baker that stands behind their work. I did reach out to let the owner know, with pictures, and never received an “I’m so sorry”. I think they do such a large business in the area that they are do not mind losing a good customer.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (235)

Reviewed February 15, 2021

Some of the wait staff do not wear masks. They wear a silly little plastic shield that protects no one. The shield does cover there nose or mouth...clearly breaking the store policy and City ordinance.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank U8098THnicholasm
Reviewed December 22, 2020

Ordered two pecan pies on Saturday. Staff told us they would be ready on Tuesday at 4:00. Husband gets there and they can’t find our order. So they give him two pecan pies out the refrigerator “chill” area that has directions of how to reheat to warm up again. Very disappointed!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank MJL010
Reviewed August 1, 2020 via mobile

I have a tone of allergies, and this place is so accommodating to us "high maintenance" foodies. I wil go there again and again.
The coffee drinks are darned good as well.
Although wheat is one of my allergies, the bakery case was such nice eye candy that it made my mouth water.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed June 7, 2020 via mobile

My grandma lives in Sumter and it is our tradition to come here. They have a wide selection of delectable treats ranging from delicious brownies to yummy eclairs. There is also a restaurant part of the bakery with delicious Mac n cheese, scrumptious sandwiches and wraps, and drool worthy soups. My favorite thing to get is the brownie, because the brownie is tasty and the frosting is tongue candy. With something for every body, Makers Sweets is a tasty place.

Date of visit: May 2020