See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 25, 2018

Stayed here for 5 days in early April 2018. The hotel staff was pleasant if you were pleasant to them, and willing to be helpful if treated with respect. I got the impression they don't receive much of that, either from guests or management. Room 205 was clean with comfortable beds and clean towels. We didn't use the maid service, but they were prompt to come by other rooms. (They state they will only come if you are present, or if you sign to let them know it is ok to come in if you aren't there. I suspect they got tired of being accused of theft, etc.) There was a clean full size fridge/freezer unit as well as a small kitchen sink and two burner efficiency stove. The AC unit was pretty new and worked well both for heat and AC. The carpet was threadbare but pretty clean for what it was. We always had shoes on anyway. Noise from other guests was minimal and the room was quiet. We used this place as a resting point at night during a fishing trip to Murrell's Inlet.

I'm not sure why these budget places take 20 minutes to check into in the day and age of computers. They even gave me a hand written receipt. That process was painstakingly slow and in my opinion the fact that the manager didn't know the system well speaks volumes about how difficult it was. It probably adds to the aggravation factor in the heat of the summer, so maybe it wouldn't hurt to speed the process up a bit to save wear and tear on all?

For the price of $54/night, the overall hotel was fine with me. Parking was ample and we managed to keep the vehicle in front of the office every evening which is staffed 24/7. The Hilton it is not, but for a nominally priced room in the off season, it's a winner in my book.

Room Tip: Be nice and be patient with the staff. It will pay off later during your stay.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith M
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here one night at the end of our vacation to Seabrook Island next to Charleston because we had tickets for a show in Myrtle Beach. The owner of the hotel, an Indian lady, was particularly rude to us at check in. My credit card had been stolen while on vacation, so I had to use the new number they had given me. She refused to accept that one. When my husband offered to use our debit card that had his name on it, she also refused to allow us and proceeded to complain about "stupid America." The room was disgusting and smelled even worse. Our door would not lock behind you unless you slammed it shut a million times. It also felt very dangerous. Do not waste your money on this garbage of a motel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kgabrielle91
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Please, do not go there!!!! It's cheap maybe but they will treat you with no respect and will not help you at all!
Me and my friends stayed in his sister motel Astro, which is basically at same place. They tried to lie us about the price a couple of times. They even raised the cost of the room two times (one when it was biker week, because at this time there are a lot of tourists and the hotels are full, so they raise everyone's room....and if you don't agree and pay....you will be thrown out of there like dog...even in the middle of the night). The cards we used to unlock our rooms didn't work at all so there was a time when we weren't able to get inside our room, and we have to wait for hours until someone come and fix the problem - there is a phone left on the door on the reception to call when there is no one there, but no one answered or when they did they say they will be there in a few minutes, but you keep waiting and waiting for a loooong time. And, when our cards broke two times on the third they said that it is our fault (even if we were so careful not to put them near electronic devices) they ask to pay 20$ for each card every other time it's not working properly.
The room was also horrible. I don't think someone ever clean them. There were blood stains on the sheets, also stains from every other kind you can think of on the floor, and boxes of condoms, pills and etc. under the bed. I was literally scared to use the bathroom, it was that awful!
So, please, don't go there! These people are thiefs! They will disrespect you! Laugh at you! You will remember this experience for ever... but not in a good way.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I booked this hotel 2 months in advance and paid them on 4/24/17. When we got to surfside beach this weekend (6/9/17) they told us that we didnt pay them yet and tried to make us pay again after the money had already been taken out of our account and had a confirmation email PROVING that we already paid in full.. management was absolutely pathetic to say the least and offered NO help in resolving this problem after we showed proof of the reservation. We sat in the parking lot on the phone with our bank for 2 hours trying to figure out what happen to our money. Come to find out Rodeway Inn stole our money and tried to make us pay again.. thankfully our bank got our money back and we went to a better hotel!

Unless you want the most disrespectful, unapologetic, worst customer service ever, then DO NOT STAY HERE! There are much better hotels in Surfside Beach!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Craylin92
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

We booked this room through Choice, we were getting in late and leaving early so we chose a less expensive hotel for the 9 hours we would be there...I did not realize we were booking a room at a pay by the hour motel.
We stayed and slept on top of the bed...we have had another issue with Choice this week so during the conversation about that issue I sent the pictures of this room to them. The management of this hotel came back to tell us that we actually told them that we enjoyed our stay...well we never talked to them again and just left as soon as we could in the morning.
Considering the treatment we have received from the management of this hotel and the people at Choice I feel like people going to this area should know where not to stay!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family