“Good, but could have been better.”

Surfside Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Surfside Beach
“Good, but could have been better.”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

It was a quiet stay which is always good. The only thing I did not like about the hotel was the room setup. No ironing board, no iron, and the sink was not in the bathroom. Besides that, its a good hotel in a nice location. The free concert was right beside the hotel and parking was not a problem.

• Stayed September 2011
SBRManager, Guest Relations Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
We are pleased you chose the Surfside Beach Resort for your recent stay in Surfside Beach. We work very hard to provide the best accommodations and service possible. I hope you will return very soon and enjoy the many great things Surfside Beach and the Surfside Beach Resort have to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Milwaukee
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The hotel is not as advertised on there web site, I had a king room expecting a couch in my room as displayed as a photo on their web site, there was a hard chair in its place,
I asked at the front desk and they said that was an old photo of rooms with couches and
they have no couches in the king rooms.
The hotel has been remodeled, but not the bathrooms or sinks, the TVs are old.
If you stay on the south side of the hotel you have to deal with all the nightly noise
of Scottys bar across the street. which is a dump and not part of the hotel
as advertised again on their web site.
The elevators are old and very slow, the ice machine on my floor was broken.
There are better places to stay for the money

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kradgolf
SBRManager, Guest Relations Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Surfside Beach Resort. I am sorry you were less than satisfied with your stay. We have been renovating the property and still have some items to add to the rooms including the new sleeper sofas in the king rooms. We do have new bathrooms in all of the units on the north side of the building and most of the units on the east end of the south side have been redone as well. We do still have some units that have not had the bathrooms remodeled. The new bathrooms all have new tubs, tub surrounds, fixtures, sink tops and tile floors. The elevators are also scheduled for upgrade as well and will be much more user friendly after they are reworked.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again so that we might better meet and hopefully exceed your expectations!
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This hotel is located in a nice location in Surfside beach just south of Myrtle Beach. This our 7th years staying at this hotel. Since our last stay they renovated the hotel. Although, the renovation is an improvement I am not sure why they keep the same old furniture. The two chairs in my room were shaky and ready to fall apart. The hotel staff was very helpful and nice. I am not sure why they put the word "resort" in the new name of this hotel. It is far from earning the label resort. My family did enjoy the Beach and Pool at this hotel.

Suggestions for improvement..

(1) The elevators are extremely slow. If you complain you will get the response that they are slow because it is the busy season. However, I spent a week at "The Cove on Ormondo Beach" and those elevators were extremely fast even with a full hotel.
(2) Replace the old furniture.

I really hope they don't try to increase their prices since they now have "resort" in the hotel name. If the do I will be forced to rent a condo in the area since the price will be the same.

I would stay at this hotel again with my family. It is clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is great for a beach vacation.

1 Thank mkurley
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are constantly seeking improvement with our service and in our facility as well. As you mentioned we have remodeled the units here at the Surfside Beach Resort. We still have improvements to make and over the coming months we will be making many more of them, We have replaced the furniture in some of the units and will continue to do so in our other units. We also hope to make improvements to our elevators in the near future so that we can improve their operation as well as their speed.

We look forward to having you return for an 8th year and I am sure you will continue to see new improvements each time you return.
Pinewood,SC
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Once again, I had the time of my life at Surfside! I booked in advance from BILL at Surfside. When I got to the hotel, I finally met Bill and we just laughed! I love Betty from housekeeping also! My birthday was July 30 and I saw sharks on from the pier.....right before I went parasailing!!! Love SURFSIDE BEACH RESORT and I tell everyone where I stay at the beach! I have been coming ONLY here for about 8 yrs now... ALWAYS stay on the 7th floor with the balcony view to see the sunrise! The staff is always helpful and so very humorous!!! I LOVED MY VISIT THIS YEAR THE BEST OF ALL 8 YEARS! THANK YOU!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank LindaPinewood_SC
SBRManager, Public Relations Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Surfside Beach Resort. We know you have many options to choose from along the Grand Strand. It is great to hear that you had such a good time and the staff thanks you for your words of praise for them. They work very hard to make every stay as pleasurable as possible. We look forward to your next visit and we hope you will continue to tell all of your friends about our great little place in the sun!
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2011

After 5 years I finally made it back to Surfside. I was very disappointed in the so called renovations the ads say recently renovated but indeed renovations were going on during our stay, wet paint and workers everywhere... The hotel is very loud all the time, my "special gift" for booking a package was a dollar store sand toy kit... I must mention, the youngest child in my group was 18. The special gift should be age appropriate or don't advertise a gift. The elevators were horribly slow and really only one available for guests. The second elevator is utilized during the day by a back door for the staff. The newly remodeled rooms were smelly and the bedding was very uncomfortable. It took 4 phone calls and over an hour to FINALLY get an iron and an ironing board which had to be located. Then, as I was leaving and checking out the family next to me informed me that the desk clerks told them about a coupon that they rushed to get and used in order to get their room 100.00 a night cheaper than what I paid. Why wasn't I told about the coupon upon check in as well?????

5 Thank Lisa H
SBRManager, Guest Relations Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your recent stay at the Surfside Beach Resort. We reopened the resort in mid May and we have been working on punch list items throughout the summer, as is done with any construction project, to make sure everything is just right throughout the facility. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have several packages available to our guests as well as several coupon specials. The package you chose was a value added package and coupons can not be used to discount them when booking. We will certainly consider offering "age appropriate" gifts in the future as you are right, not everyone that books our "Beachcomber" package wants to play in the sand on the beach. We appreciate your comments and we will use them to improve our services to our guests.
Odessa, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Needed a place to stay near Coastal Carolina University for my daughter's orientation. Decided to stay at the beach as Myrtle Beach is just 10 miles from the school. Being a lifelong resident of Florida, I've never had the need to go to the beaches of South Carolina.
After a bit of research, I found that Surfside Beach is south of Myrtle and certainly low key in comparison, which I prefer. Booked the hotel online and when I checked in I was greeted with wonderful southern hospitality. The room was clean and the furnishings were nice. The pool area is well maintained and the lounge chairs were very comfortable. Other than the elevators being a bit slow, our stay was enjoyable and we will stay again.

1 Thank awhs
We are happy you chose the Surfside Beach Resort for your recent stay at the beach. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you visit your daughter at Coastal Carolina. Our staff will be here to serve you with smiling faces and southern graces.
elkcorn,ky
Reviewed 19 July 2011

loved the view from the hotel...it was clean and the staff was great...had no problem with anything....and the best part about was you could walk straight to the beach from the parking garage....Loved it....If i ever go back i would reserve the same hotel resor!!!!

1 Thank oceanfront28
Thank you for the nice comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Surfside Beach Resort. Please tell all of your friends about us and plan another visit with us very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfside Beach
1.7 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Surfside Beach

Been to Surfside Beach Resort? Share your experiences!