“Greek potatoes!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We recently took a Greek family member to have lunch and she loved the Greek potatoes. Even though the souvlaki wasn't to her liking the baklava was. Service was exceptional as was the salmon salad (fresh and moist fish) my husband had. Eggplant parmigiana was also delicious and came in a huge portion. Will go back to try some of the other traditional Greek menu items next time we are in West Columbia.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Eating at Grecian Gardens is an experience. The dining room desperately needs updating and there is dust on many of the (many) artificial plants that decorate the place. Some of the booth seats need repair. The place is usually packed except late in the evening and on Sundays there is always a wait, although GG does a good job of moving people and there are a number of private rooms that are used to seat guests during busy times. At the outset, probably the BEST thing at GG is not even on the menu. . .and its the complimentary BREAD. The bread is the best anywhere and served warm and moist in a large basket with real butter. Melts in your mouth. You get all you want so ask for more. The menu is extensive and includes burgers, pizza, Italian, salads and Greek fare. My experience is that the Greek food quality pales in comparison to the Italian offerings, and the burgers are extremely good. Had grape leaves (dolmas) on more than one occasion and was disappointed. If a Greek place can't do grape leaves then it's not authentic Greek. The large portions of Italian fare more than make up for it, and the chicken parmigiana, spaghetti and lasagna dishes are hearty, cheesy and enough to share. Salads are not the forte here, as GG uses iceberg lettuce (which was served wet and soggy) and throws in a few olives and shaker cheese for its house salad. Greek salad is not that great either, so stick to Italian or burgers (plus the bread) and pizza and you'll go home happy and stuffed.

2  Thank Scott A
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Our server was spot on with great service the whole time. The bread and butter was a perfect start. I have always said when a restaurant serves real butter (not margarine,) you know you are in a real restaurant. I could eat another slice of that bread right now.

The food was outstanding. I had the Chicken Parmigiana, and could only eat about 1/3 of it. But it was one of those Italian dishes where you just keep forcing yourself to eat more because you know it's not everyday that your tastebuds get to taste something as good.

My daughter and mother-in-law shared a Greek chicken plate with Greek potatoes. It was fantastic. I tried some of the potatoes, and it was the awesome Greek potatoes you always hope you will be eating when you go to a Greek restaurant. This place makes the good ones you are hoping to eat.

The for dessert, we had about the tallest Baklava I've ever had. Yum!

The manager asked me how my meal was as we were leaving, and I just said, "You already know the answer to that."

Just a great Greek restaurant in Columbia. We will be back, and soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

went with another couple and their 2 kids. It was about 6:00 on a Thursday evening. We sat down and waiting for 20 mins before anyone stopped by. A waitress gave us water and said she would be right back. Another 15 mins went by and no one returned. we ended up leaving and went across the street for a great dinner at the Thai restaurant.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Good prices.....only fair food in West Columbia.

We had a watery Greek salad and a Mousagna..... an unusual hybrid dish of Mousaka and Lasagna..

1  Thank Raymond T H