“AMAZING”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This place was suggested by one of the restaurant owners downtown and it was by far the best atmosphere we have experienced in a long time. The food is great and the prices are even better. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

After eating the Ensalada 116 the first time, I find myself craving this fresh salad. Delicious! The servers are so knowledgeable and love how attentive Amanda is to her customers. Never disappointed and they have great happy hour specials during the week.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

This hole-in-the-wall restaurant in West Columbia was a wonderful find. Service staff was very accommodating of our 5 person party on a busy Saturday brunch time. All orders got raves - especially the Spanish Tortilla and the Steak and Eggs. We went back for dinner and loved the tapas style offerings as well as the satisfying wine list. Once again the service was friendly, accommodating and helpful. If 116 State Street was in my home town I'd be there once a week!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I called on Easter afternoon to see if they were still serving lunch. They said they were still serving and the last seating would be at 2 pm. I gave my name, said to save us a table for 2, we're on our way! My husband and I were very excited to try this restaurant after reading the reviews! We arrived at exactly 1:59pm after a 30 min drive across town. We waited at the front to be seated, a young man came up to me and said they couldn't take any new customers because they just had their last seating. I explained that I called and my name was on the list, but he showed me his watch was 2:01. Seriously?!? If we're going to be technical about 1 min, I arrived 1 min early but there was no hostess stand and it took 2 min for someone to help me as I stood at the entrance waiting. The restaurant was filled with guests, some were about to order and others hadn't even received their food and there were a few open tables. Why so technical about 1 min on a tiny party of 2? He was so curt and absurd, we thought it was a joke. Then the bartender yelled across the restaurant to us "NO MORE TABLES!" We quickly realized they were not going to seat us and turned us away. They wouldn't even let us sit at the bar! A table near us heard the whole thing and started saying "Are you kidding me?!? They aren't going to seat you?!?" That's crazy!" I'm glad I learned early on that this is not my kind of restaurant. Customers do not come first. Reservations don't matter and the staff hates their job. Good food can be quickly spoiled by terrible service.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

This used to be a place l loved to go to but my last visit there we noticed that the prices had gone up by 1/3 but the portion had remained the same. These are small plates and in the past like I said were priced accordingly, but now that prices are about the same as regular sized plates in other restaurants, with larger portions I will just have to say good by.

r w, Owner at 116 State Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

I'd love some more specific feedback on your latest visit. With our new menu (4/10/2017) the most expensive item (entree not small plate) is $17 and the menu as a whole averages out under $10. We will offer occasional entree specials $18-$20 all of which feature locally raised/caught seafood, heritage pork, beef etc and local produce, which obviously costs a little more for quality ingredients.