“Good for the price”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 27 January 2017

Passing through and needed a place to stay. Made an on-line reservation on the road. Its close to the interstate, check in went smoothly. We stayed late Dec., it was really cold outside, we get to our room, they didn't have the heat on. We sat with our coats on for over 30 mins., had grabbed fast food to eat in our room, had to eat it quick before it got cold. The in-room heater wasn't blowing out a lot of warm air, so it did take a long time to heat the room. We went to bed with it on high, and sometime in the middle of the night it warmed up enough we woke up hot and had to dial it down.

We had a queen room, it was about what is to be expected for the price. It seemed clean, linens were fresh, but as with most hotels, I wish they would learn to put more stuffing in the pillows. Three of them together wouldn't make a good pillow. Good for the price.

Room Tip: Only thing I can say is ask them to turn heat on prior to arrival
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey. We appreciate you comments and will look into why the heat wasn't on. I apologize for the room being cold. No one wants to walk into a cold room in the winter time. But, we are so glad that the rest of your stay was good. Thank you for staying with us.

We hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Brookings.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

We booked the room on line about 3 hours away and had no problem getting a nice clean double for the night. The room was OK, but the breakfast was very good for a semi-budget hotel. I would definitely stay here again if passing through. The internet connection wasn't as strong as we would have liked it to be.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs about in the middle - all was fine.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Our main focus is for our guest to have an enjoyable stay in a clean room. We'll have the internet checked out and make sure it's working correctly.

We hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

We were in Brookings for a SDSU college visit for my son.

Quality inn was a nice place to stay. That is literally the only thing we did was sleep there as we didn't spend any other time there. Basic hotel with basic amenities which was fine for us for a quick stay. Things were clean and maintained

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey. We appreciate your good comments on the hotel. We strive to make your stay a comfortable, clean, and quiet one.

We hope you'll stay with us again the next time to come to Brookings to visit your son.

Go Jacks!!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

I changed my plans on this particular day because it was obvious that I wasn't going to make my destination, in Minnesota. When I asked if there were rooms available, I was told "yes." The young lady at the front desk, probably a local college student, she was about that age, asked me what I preferred in a room and check in was quick and professional. After I got to my room, I was surprised to discover she had given me a suite but charged me for a king room! I thanked her for it when I went back downstairs later and she said very sweetly "You're welcome sir." That, plus getting a suite, made my day on a day when I was way behind schedule. The room was clean, but not immaculate. There were a few minor cosmetic issues, but nothing to complain about. I would stay here again if I am ever in Brookings again. There is a railroad nearby, so there is some train noise, but it isn't that bad.
I did not eat breakfast at the hotel because I prefer to eat out when I can. This hotel was a Comfort Inn until very recently. It is on the east side of Brookings and not far from South Dakota State University. It is close to everything, restaurants, shopping and convenience stores. It is also just down the street from the university's arboretum.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn, and taking the time to fill out the survey. We are so glad you liked your room, the staff, and the hotel in general.

The staff does an excellent job of making sure every guests stay is a good one. We look forward to you staying with again when you pass through Brookings.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Overall the motel was pretty decent, but it is showing some age. I would have given it a 4 star rating (it was quiet and pretty clean) if I had paid $69 for the room. It cost $100 with a AAA discount. It was not even close to a $100 room. I think I should have paid an extra $10 and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton down the road. Very visible difference in upkeep from the outside.

Stayed: September 2016
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you for your comments. We feel we provide good value to our guests with a quiet, clean, friendly hotel that serves a good breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased overall with our accommodations! The one thing I always look at when we stay somewhere is the breakfast reviews - this Quality had a great, FREE, hot and yummy breakfast. A variety to choose from: cereals, bagels, toast, muffins, egg omelets and ham one day, biscuits and gravy the next, 2 kinds of waffles, 4 kinds of juices and milk and coffee. Plus, the lady running the breakfast area was very nice and very visible, so you didn't have to hunt her down (like in so many other places) if you needed her.

The Quality Inn is a bit outdated with old carpet and some minor cosmetic issues, but the staff, cleanliness and comfort of our room, and of course price made up for that. We definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2016

quality inn was quality. great breakfast and comfortable room.s bathtub was a little small but it worked. the staff was great when the tornado sirens went off and they asked everyone to go downstairs.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family