Super 8 by Wyndham Brookings(Brookings)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$105
US$124
US$114
Hampton.com
My Place Hotel-Brookings, SD(Brookings)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$79
Arlington Inn(Arlington)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$88
All reviewsplace to sleepconvenient locationon linebed and pillowsthe hotel staffclean roomsyogurtnext morningnice hotelinterstatemotelsditemlinenselevator
Reviewed December 30, 2016

We booked the room on line about 3 hours away and had no problem getting a nice clean double for the night. The room was OK, but the breakfast was very good for a semi-budget hotel. I would definitely stay here again if passing through. The internet connection wasn't as strong as we would have liked it to be.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs about in the middle - all was fine.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2017

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Our main focus is for our guest to have an enjoyable stay in a clean room. We'll have the internet checked out and make sure it's working correctly.

We hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

We were in Brookings for a SDSU college visit for my son.

Quality inn was a nice place to stay. That is literally the only thing we did was sleep there as we didn't spend any other time there. Basic hotel with basic amenities which was fine for us for a quick stay. Things were clean and maintained

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey. We appreciate your good comments on the hotel. We strive to make your stay a comfortable, clean, and quiet one.

We hope you'll stay with us again the next time to come to Brookings to visit your son.

Go Jacks!!

Reviewed October 29, 2016

I changed my plans on this particular day because it was obvious that I wasn't going to make my destination, in Minnesota. When I asked if there were rooms available, I was told "yes." The young lady at the front desk, probably a local college student, she was about that age, asked me what I preferred in a room and check in was quick and professional. After I got to my room, I was surprised to discover she had given me a suite but charged me for a king room! I thanked her for it when I went back downstairs later and she said very sweetly "You're welcome sir." That, plus getting a suite, made my day on a day when I was way behind schedule. The room was clean, but not immaculate. There were a few minor cosmetic issues, but nothing to complain about. I would stay here again if I am ever in Brookings again. There is a railroad nearby, so there is some train noise, but it isn't that bad.
I did not eat breakfast at the hotel because I prefer to eat out when I can. This hotel was a Comfort Inn until very recently. It is on the east side of Brookings and not far from South Dakota State University. It is close to everything, restaurants, shopping and convenience stores. It is also just down the street from the university's arboretum.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn, and taking the time to fill out the survey. We are so glad you liked your room, the staff, and the hotel in general.

The staff does an excellent job of making sure every guests stay is a good one. We look forward to you staying with again when you pass through Brookings.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

Overall the motel was pretty decent, but it is showing some age. I would have given it a 4 star rating (it was quiet and pretty clean) if I had paid $69 for the room. It cost $100 with a AAA discount. It was not even close to a $100 room. I think I should have paid an extra $10 and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton down the road. Very visible difference in upkeep from the outside.

Stayed: September 2016
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Thank you for your comments. We feel we provide good value to our guests with a quiet, clean, friendly hotel that serves a good breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased overall with our accommodations! The one thing I always look at when we stay somewhere is the breakfast reviews - this Quality had a great, FREE, hot and yummy breakfast. A variety to choose from: cereals, bagels, toast, muffins, egg omelets and ham one day, biscuits and gravy the next, 2 kinds of waffles, 4 kinds of juices and milk and coffee. Plus, the lady running the breakfast area was very nice and very visible, so you didn't have to hunt her down (like in so many other places) if you needed her.

The Quality Inn is a bit outdated with old carpet and some minor cosmetic issues, but the staff, cleanliness and comfort of our room, and of course price made up for that. We definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple