“Nice Hotel with restaurants nearby.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I have been traveling in ND & SD and I pay my own expenses so I try to sleep cheap. I booked this Hotel and I have never been to Brookings. The lady at the counter was friendly and helpful. I asked about dinner and she recommended a nearby restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the TV remote has a sleep timer. If I travel thru this area again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a non-smoking room and was pleased that it did not smell of smoke.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for filling out the survey. We are so pleased that you choose our hotel in Brookings to stop at. Our goal is to make every guest fill welcome and comfortable.

Please stop again the next time you are in town. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Pulled into the parking lot and thought the place was closed! No cars in the parking lot and was about 4 in the afternoon. Did go into the lobby. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. I was under the impression this was a non-smoking facility, however that is "non-smoking rooms" Hallways definitely had that smoky odor to it. Room smelled OK. Room was a little worn, could use some updating. However, it was clean, bed was comfortable and I slept well. Breakfast offering was good, attendant was friendly. Overall a fairly decent stay. Could have done without the smoky smelling hallways, but .... Was a bear trying to figure out the Brookings exit off I-29 due to construction and then getting to motel was a lot of dodging cones. Not the motels fault, but I would have thought Brookings would have a more pull with the SD DOT.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to fill out the survey. We do still have some smoking rooms to accommodate regular guests. Besides the smell in the hallways it sounds like you had a good stay. It is a bear dodging the cones to get to the hotel, but boy will it be nice when it's all done.

We hope you will return to Brookings and stay with again sometime. Hopefully after the construction is done.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I stay at the Brookings Quality Inn once a week, and I'm very happy staying here. Chad no matter what shift that I catch him on is my favorite. He is always in a good mood, and happy. I love the breakfast that they provide too. Best stay in Brookings!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Thank you for staying with us and fill out the survey. We will be sure and let Chad know that you appreciate him. The entire staff strives to provide a great stay to all the guests.

And a big thank you for being so loyal to the Quality Inn, we really do try to make a connection with our frequent and long term guests. See you next week!

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Passing through and needed a place to stay. Made an on-line reservation on the road. Its close to the interstate, check in went smoothly. We stayed late Dec., it was really cold outside, we get to our room, they didn't have the heat on. We sat with our coats on for over 30 mins., had grabbed fast food to eat in our room, had to eat it quick before it got cold. The in-room heater wasn't blowing out a lot of warm air, so it did take a long time to heat the room. We went to bed with it on high, and sometime in the middle of the night it warmed up enough we woke up hot and had to dial it down.

We had a queen room, it was about what is to be expected for the price. It seemed clean, linens were fresh, but as with most hotels, I wish they would learn to put more stuffing in the pillows. Three of them together wouldn't make a good pillow. Good for the price.

Room Tip: Only thing I can say is ask them to turn heat on prior to arrival
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey. We appreciate you comments and will look into why the heat wasn't on. I apologize for the room being cold. No one wants to walk into a cold room in the winter time. But, we are so glad that the rest of your stay was good. Thank you for staying with us.

We hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Brookings.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

We booked the room on line about 3 hours away and had no problem getting a nice clean double for the night. The room was OK, but the breakfast was very good for a semi-budget hotel. I would definitely stay here again if passing through. The internet connection wasn't as strong as we would have liked it to be.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs about in the middle - all was fine.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Our main focus is for our guest to have an enjoyable stay in a clean room. We'll have the internet checked out and make sure it's working correctly.

We hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

We were in Brookings for a SDSU college visit for my son.

Quality inn was a nice place to stay. That is literally the only thing we did was sleep there as we didn't spend any other time there. Basic hotel with basic amenities which was fine for us for a quick stay. Things were clean and maintained

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey. We appreciate your good comments on the hotel. We strive to make your stay a comfortable, clean, and quiet one.

We hope you'll stay with us again the next time to come to Brookings to visit your son.

Go Jacks!!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

I changed my plans on this particular day because it was obvious that I wasn't going to make my destination, in Minnesota. When I asked if there were rooms available, I was told "yes." The young lady at the front desk, probably a local college student, she was about that age, asked me what I preferred in a room and check in was quick and professional. After I got to my room, I was surprised to discover she had given me a suite but charged me for a king room! I thanked her for it when I went back downstairs later and she said very sweetly "You're welcome sir." That, plus getting a suite, made my day on a day when I was way behind schedule. The room was clean, but not immaculate. There were a few minor cosmetic issues, but nothing to complain about. I would stay here again if I am ever in Brookings again. There is a railroad nearby, so there is some train noise, but it isn't that bad.
I did not eat breakfast at the hotel because I prefer to eat out when I can. This hotel was a Comfort Inn until very recently. It is on the east side of Brookings and not far from South Dakota State University. It is close to everything, restaurants, shopping and convenience stores. It is also just down the street from the university's arboretum.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn, and taking the time to fill out the survey. We are so glad you liked your room, the staff, and the hotel in general.

The staff does an excellent job of making sure every guests stay is a good one. We look forward to you staying with again when you pass through Brookings.