All reviewsplace to sleepnight stayconvenient locationclean roomsin townwonderful staybed and pillowsthe hotel staffhard boiled eggsno elevatoryogurtnext morningnice hotelinterstatemotelnoisesd
Reviewed June 20, 2017

I have been traveling in ND & SD and I pay my own expenses so I try to sleep cheap. I booked this Hotel and I have never been to Brookings. The lady at the counter was friendly and helpful. I asked about dinner and she recommended a nearby restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the TV remote has a sleep timer. If I travel thru this area again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a non-smoking room and was pleased that it did not smell of smoke.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for filling out the survey. We are so pleased that you choose our hotel in Brookings to stop at. Our goal is to make every guest fill welcome and comfortable.

Please stop again the next time you are in town. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed May 10, 2017

Pulled into the parking lot and thought the place was closed! No cars in the parking lot and was about 4 in the afternoon. Did go into the lobby. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. I was under the impression this was a non-smoking facility, however that is "non-smoking rooms" Hallways definitely had that smoky odor to it. Room smelled OK. Room was a little worn, could use some updating. However, it was clean, bed was comfortable and I slept well. Breakfast offering was good, attendant was friendly. Overall a fairly decent stay. Could have done without the smoky smelling hallways, but .... Was a bear trying to figure out the Brookings exit off I-29 due to construction and then getting to motel was a lot of dodging cones. Not the motels fault, but I would have thought Brookings would have a more pull with the SD DOT.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to fill out the survey. We do still have some smoking rooms to accommodate regular guests. Besides the smell in the hallways it sounds like you had a good stay. It is a bear dodging the cones to get to the hotel, but boy will it be nice when it's all done.

We hope you will return to Brookings and stay with again sometime. Hopefully after the construction is done.

Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

I stay at the Brookings Quality Inn once a week, and I'm very happy staying here. Chad no matter what shift that I catch him on is my favorite. He is always in a good mood, and happy. I love the breakfast that they provide too. Best stay in Brookings!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and fill out the survey. We will be sure and let Chad know that you appreciate him. The entire staff strives to provide a great stay to all the guests.

And a big thank you for being so loyal to the Quality Inn, we really do try to make a connection with our frequent and long term guests. See you next week!

Reviewed January 27, 2017

Passing through and needed a place to stay. Made an on-line reservation on the road. Its close to the interstate, check in went smoothly. We stayed late Dec., it was really cold outside, we get to our room, they didn't have the heat on. We sat with our coats on for over 30 mins., had grabbed fast food to eat in our room, had to eat it quick before it got cold. The in-room heater wasn't blowing out a lot of warm air, so it did take a long time to heat the room. We went to bed with it on high, and sometime in the middle of the night it warmed up enough we woke up hot and had to dial it down.

We had a queen room, it was about what is to be expected for the price. It seemed clean, linens were fresh, but as with most hotels, I wish they would learn to put more stuffing in the pillows. Three of them together wouldn't make a good pillow. Good for the price.

Room Tip: Only thing I can say is ask them to turn heat on prior to arrival
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey. We appreciate you comments and will look into why the heat wasn't on. I apologize for the room being cold. No one wants to walk into a cold room in the winter time. But, we are so glad that the rest of your stay was good. Thank you for staying with us.

We hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Brookings.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

We booked the room on line about 3 hours away and had no problem getting a nice clean double for the night. The room was OK, but the breakfast was very good for a semi-budget hotel. I would definitely stay here again if passing through. The internet connection wasn't as strong as we would have liked it to be.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs about in the middle - all was fine.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2017

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Our main focus is for our guest to have an enjoyable stay in a clean room. We'll have the internet checked out and make sure it's working correctly.

We hope you'll be back soon.