All reviews place to sleep night stay convenient location clean rooms in town wonderful stay bed and pillows the hotel staff hard boiled eggs no elevator yogurt next morning nice hotel interstate motel noise sd
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We had a king suite, for three nights, that was very comfortable. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room was very clean and had all of the conveniences you would need for a few days. The only negative was the lack of an elevator, so if steps are a problem, make sure you ask for a main floor room. The hotel staff were very congenial and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was good, with lots of choices.
TIP: The hairdryer worked fine, but it's isn't a high powered turbo by any means, so heads up bring your own if that's an important item in your life.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

We are so pleased you had a good stay with us, and want to thank you for choosing our hotel. The staff does a wonderful job of making sure the hotel is clean and comfortable for all of our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to fill out the survey. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

I stayed at this Quality Inn after a long day of travel. My room was satisfactory. Everything worked as it should. The room appeared to be very clean. The breakfast is standard Choicehotels fare which I find satisfactory. The hotel is located far enough away from the freeway and street that it is quiet. If you want a good place to sleep by the freeway at a reasonable price this is your place. If I could get this hotel at a good price I would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and for filling out the survey. We love a happy guest.

We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.Thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

I travel for a living, have for 30 years. This might have been the fastest, most pleasant check in I have ever had. Very clean rooms, everything works as it should and nice, comfortable beds. Restaurants within walking distance. This will be my new "go to" place in this area.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you so much for your awesome comments about our hotel, and for staying with us. The staff works hard to make sure our guests have a great stay.

We also thank you for filling out the survey, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

I have been traveling in ND & SD and I pay my own expenses so I try to sleep cheap. I booked this Hotel and I have never been to Brookings. The lady at the counter was friendly and helpful. I asked about dinner and she recommended a nearby restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the TV remote has a sleep timer. If I travel thru this area again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room tip: I asked for a non-smoking room and was pleased that it did not smell of smoke.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for filling out the survey. We are so pleased that you choose our hotel in Brookings to stop at. Our goal is to make every guest fill welcome and comfortable.

Please stop again the next time you are in town. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed May 10, 2017

Pulled into the parking lot and thought the place was closed! No cars in the parking lot and was about 4 in the afternoon. Did go into the lobby. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. I was under the impression this was a non-smoking facility, however that is "non-smoking rooms" Hallways definitely had that smoky odor to it. Room smelled OK. Room was a little worn, could use some updating. However, it was clean, bed was comfortable and I slept well. Breakfast offering was good, attendant was friendly. Overall a fairly decent stay. Could have done without the smoky smelling hallways, but .... Was a bear trying to figure out the Brookings exit off I-29 due to construction and then getting to motel was a lot of dodging cones. Not the motels fault, but I would have thought Brookings would have a more pull with the SD DOT.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ManagementBrookings, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to fill out the survey. We do still have some smoking rooms to accommodate regular guests. Besides the smell in the hallways it sounds like you had a good stay. It is a bear dodging the cones to get to the hotel, but boy will it be nice when it's all done.

We hope you will return to Brookings and stay with again sometime. Hopefully after the construction is done.