All reviews gem steakhouse main street restaurant upstairs bath mat room was clean large bathroom covered parking place to stay hotel restaurant a great stay central location free valet parking slot machines would definitely stay here again enjoyed our stay parking lot casino
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Food was okay, but service was deplorable. We waited over 45 minutes for two eggs and toast and bacon. There were only four tables with people at them and there were five wait staff. Seems like they could have been a little more involved with their customers.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2018

We have eaten at this establishment many times in the past and have had decent service and good food, but on fathers day me and my husband went out. Upon arriving there was a gentleman who was asking the waitress if he could just order some food as he was a hotel guest and she said to him we are busy now, so he asked if he could just get some appetizers to go and she told him sir I have 8 people waiting for their salads and you are just going to have to wait until we get caught up. Looking in there where many tables that had drinks and you could tell they had walked out as one couple did as we were there, tons of dirty tables and what looked like only 2 servers on staff (being Fathers Day). With the waitresses rude attitude us and the couple behind us left. Not sure that we will go back after that and we are locals that keep these businesses going in the winter. The gentleman how asked to order was also very upset that she said this to a hotel guest. In the past when we have eaten here the food has been good and decently priced.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Wow! We have stayed in Deadwood 5 times but this was our first time staying at the Mineral Palace. I will never stay anywhere else again! The staff were so kind and friendly! It was as if everyone’s goal was for us to have a great time! The room was clean with crisp white sheets. The bathroom had granite countertops and tile in the tub.
I can’t say enough good things about our stay! It’s definitely the best place to stay in Deadwood!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2018

I'm reading some of the other reviews and wondering if there are two Mineral Palace hotels in Deadwood. We have traveled extensively all over the world and this hotel is in my top three favorites.

To begin, there couldn't be a better location in Deadwood to stay - smack in the heart of town, walking distance to almost everything. And if we didn't want to walk, Kelly, the wonderful shuttle driver, took us anywhere we wanted to go and picked us up when we called him.
This service was free, as was the parking for our car.

The hotel is nice, clean and comfortable. Our room was very nice,
nice bathroom, good beds. We found chocolates on our pillow every afternoon when we returned.We had dinner one night at the Gem and it was good. Not great, but good.

If I was rating this hotel based on what I've said so far, I would give it a B. But, what made this a stand out was the staff. Without exception, every person we met who worked there was wonderful. We were a group of 6 and kept loosing each other but some how the ladies at the front desk kept track of us and would point us in the right direction. Their suggestions of where to eat, gamble and shop were very helpful.

I booked three rooms for eight nights and the rate was incredibly low.
Best value in a hotel I've had. I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2018

I see the most other recent review was 8-17. Thought an update was needed. 6 of us went to the gem for supper on a Saturday night, not busy at all. That should have been a sign. Ordered 4 prime rib dinners each one inedible. 2 steaks one barely edible, the other sent back and still not done right. We did not give them a second chance. Breakfast buffet was a joke. Eggs bacon biscuits and gravy. If you order off the menu be ready for a 30 minute wait. Suggest for alternate dinning try eagle across street, legends at Franklin or bodega.

Room tip: If you're looking for a decent place to stay don't look at Mineral Palace
  • Trip type: Travelled with family