All reviews hanging chairs hand soap conditioner and body wash hardwood floors large tv lobby area a bit confusing cadillac jacks complimentary drinks rooms are clean casino downstairs modern hotel bike week bed was comfortable underground parking mini fridge location is great
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Tru had been open for 3 days when we arrived. I loved the family friendly atmosphere of this! Our 20 and 11 year old boys loved it!
The breakfast area is good and there are a lot of cool seating options.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank mogamo74
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

First, I would like to say we love the Hilton brand hotels and I was excited to stay at this new hotel and try it out. This hotel I would say has a great staff who where very friendly, accommodating, and thoughtful most of them where still learning there computer system but that didn’t slow them down. The rooms have a good amount of space, great Big TV’s (that have Netflix), and the soaps that smell amazing. My complaint would be; I miss the bigger bed side table and was afraid my husband was going to knock over water in the middle of the night on the charging cellphones. The room did have many outlets and USB charging locations which was awesome! The bed was not very comfortable; it was way to soft and I was not a fan of the comforter or its way to bright overhead lights. Under the end of the bed though there was space to store thing which was a nice touch. This room has a full size shower and this was definitely was a huge plus. I loved that the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash where mounted on the wall but, the shampoo dispenser gave way to much soap even with a little squeeze. (Not the hotels fault though) We loved the Foosball table and all the games. Breakfast was disappointing as it was so crowded and sorta was spread out everywhere around the front desk. My biggest complaint was no toaster. We did not end up eating here do to how crowded it was an the no-toaster. (Not toasted bagels stink) But in all a we had a good stay. I don’t think we are Hilton TRU fans but if you are family traveling on a budget or staying a night for work it is probably perfect for you.

Date of stay: July 2018
Shawn M, General Manager at Tru by Hilton Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Michelle H,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the new Tru by Hilton Deadwood! I appreciate all your feedback as we open our new hotel. I will certainly share your comments about the staff with them - they really are great crew and thank you for recognizing them! As a new brand in the Hilton portfolio, there are many "live" lessons we can learn as the brand continues to develop, and I'm happy to let you know I will soon be attending a Tru GM Summit where valuable feedback such as yours can and will be shared!
Thank you again!

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

This is a brand new hotel in deadwood and it is extremely nice and modern! They have fooseball in the lobby! And the lobby itself is extremely nice! The rooms are clean, the TVs have Netflix built into them, the beds are comfy, and the showers have awesome soap dispensaries! The dispensers were my favorite part cuz its modern and easy to use. Valet parking was $14 and some change. The staff were pleasant also! Highly recommend it!

Side note: the hotel was still under construction but you couldn't tell once inside.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Chad R,
Thank you so much for staying with us at our new Tru by Hilton Deadwood, and for taking the time to give your feedback. I'm so happy you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. And as for your side note...we're excited about all the new amenities coming to Cadillac Jack's Gaming Resort on the first floor as we anxiously await it's completion.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

While the hotel just opened this past week I was not impressed. I give credit where credit is deserved and that is the staff are friendly. I feel like the hotel wanted to open and get revenue without everything done. Staff needed more training and did not know how to check in the guests. Plan on walking through 3 hotels with your luggage to have your car valet parked. Did not want to use valet but there was no choice as all the parking was full. Cannot enter the lobby to the hotel as it is not even finished. Plan on listening to hammering as they are still working on rooms. People walking on the roof in front of your room so no privacy and ability to look out the window and enjoy the view. Landscaping not done, elevators floors are filthy with drywall dust. (you have to walk through another hotel to use it as the one in the hotel does not take you to the ground floor as the lobby is unfinished). Towels not washed and you get out of the shower and are now covered with lint from the new towels. No toaster to toast your bread oh but not to worry no need to toast the bread as it is stale. This has put a bad impression for the Tru Hilton and would recommend staying somewhere else.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annette L

Annette L,
Thank you for staying with us at our new Tru by Hilton Deadwood and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I also greatly appreciate your phone call after your stay. I do hope you and the family are able to visit us again once the entire expansion project is finished...you have my number, and I look forward to seeing you again.
Warm regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

While we usually stay at the Hampton Inn properties, we found Tru just opened (also by Hilton) and thought we would try them out. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are efficient on space. I really like the shampoo, conditioner and body wash containers mounted on the shower walls, less impact on the environment not having to dispose of those tiny bottles you usually find in hotel rooms. Large HD television. Construction continues at the entrance which wasn’t a problem navigating, lots of signage to get you to the right areas. We can’t wait to see the finished product. We will definitely be coming back!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Ken G,
Thank you for choosing the new Tru by Hilton Deadwood and for taking the time to share your feedback. I will certainly share your comments about the staff with them - they've worked hard to get us open and really have a great sense of ownership for THEIR Tru. We, too, can't wait to see the casino expansion completed with all the exciting new amenities, and I'll hold you to "definitely" coming back!
Take care,