Schade Vineyard & Winery - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Very nice place

We stopped at the Shade Vineyard and Winery in Volga SD. We was told about this place, while... read more

Reviewed July 11, 2015
Susan W
Norwalk, Iowa
Wonderful Experience!

I stopped in the tasting room at Deadwood SD on our way out of town. I was greeted by a lovely lady... read more

Reviewed June 11, 2015
GreatDaysAreHere
Minnesota

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Heard about this Winery while I was at the Deadwood Mountain Grand last month. Figured I would try this place out while we were in town for thanksgiving and see what it was all about. I wasn't a fan of the wine as it was a bit too sweet for me. However, the woman that was there made the experience very fun for us! She had wonderful customer service and despite how busy she was she took the time to help me and my husband find a wine we would like, after hearing our taste for other wines. She made it a very fun time for us!

1  Thank Carleigh D
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Wonderful South Dakota made wines! Have to try the holiday wines "Christmas Pleasure" and "White Christmas". The friendly staff was very accommodating. Schade wine offerings are very versatile from their dry heavy bodied red "Aces & Eights" to their refreshingly crisp "Cranberry" (my personal favorite).

2  Thank FloridaGirl999
Reviewed November 18, 2012

First let me start off by saying that if I had to rate the product alone, 5 stars. Excellent product.

With that being said, I am a frequent traveler and love to visit small winery in the areas I visit. The customer service I received was terrible. There was a senile old woman working the counter and she couldn't stay on track, couldn't tell me anything about the wines, frankly, she couldn't do much of anything. I have to wonder if the management knows that this woman has no social skills.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I actually bought a couple of bottles here. The varietals available are very different than what I can get in California, and they do a good job with the crafting of their wines.

1  Thank fionaruidh
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Didn't care for any of the wines. I like big reds...just didn't find one there.

1  Thank Drazil