“OK Wine”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Schade Vineyard & Winery
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We visited this winery while staying in Watertown, SD. The wines are ok. The port and Strawberry Rhubarb wine are good, but other than that we had a hard time drinking them. The bottle prices are $12-$15, so that is pretty reasonable. The person pouring our wine knew little to nothing on the grapes used to make the wine and had very little to say. The tasting room is quaint and they will give you a "tour" of the vineyard if you ask. Don't think this winery was worth the drive from Watertown...in and out in less than 30 minutes with a bummed out attitude and lack of wine.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Heard about this Winery while I was at the Deadwood Mountain Grand last month. Figured I would try this place out while we were in town for thanksgiving and see what it was all about. I wasn't a fan of the wine as it was a bit too sweet for me. However, the woman that was there made the experience very fun for us! She had wonderful customer service and despite how busy she was she took the time to help me and my husband find a wine we would like, after hearing our taste for other wines. She made it a very fun time for us!

1  Thank Carleigh D
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Wonderful South Dakota made wines! Have to try the holiday wines "Christmas Pleasure" and "White Christmas". The friendly staff was very accommodating. Schade wine offerings are very versatile from their dry heavy bodied red "Aces & Eights" to their refreshingly crisp "Cranberry" (my personal favorite).

2  Thank FloridaGirl999
Reviewed November 18, 2012

First let me start off by saying that if I had to rate the product alone, 5 stars. Excellent product.

With that being said, I am a frequent traveler and love to visit small winery in the areas I visit. The customer service I received was terrible. There was a senile old woman working the counter and she couldn't stay on track, couldn't tell me anything about the wines, frankly, she couldn't do much of anything. I have to wonder if the management knows that this woman has no social skills.

1  Thank John L