“Very nice place”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Schade Vineyard & Winery
Reviewed July 11, 2015

We stopped at the Shade Vineyard and Winery in Volga SD. We was told about this place, while visiting the Terry Redlin Art Center. On our return trip back home to Iowa we made a stop here. They were very nice and helpful in find some wine that my husband liked Came home with three bottles prices were great.

1  Thank Susan W

Reviewed June 11, 2015

I stopped in the tasting room at Deadwood SD on our way out of town. I was greeted by a lovely lady who was very friendly and knowledgeable. I like sweeter wines so this was a great experience for me. I actually liked all of the wines I tasted, which doesn't happen often, White Christmas was very good. I left there with 4 different wines and a total of 6 bottles. Many fruit wines to choose from with almost all the fruit coming right from SD. I would recommend stopping in.

1  Thank GreatDaysAreHere
Reviewed June 10, 2015 via mobile

Super friendly and helpful desiding some great wines! Gave the kids crackers and water and just made us all feel so welcome! And just awesome wine!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We visited this winery while staying in Watertown, SD. The wines are ok. The port and Strawberry Rhubarb wine are good, but other than that we had a hard time drinking them. The bottle prices are $12-$15, so that is pretty reasonable. The person pouring our wine knew little to nothing on the grapes used to make the wine and had very little to say. The tasting room is quaint and they will give you a "tour" of the vineyard if you ask. Don't think this winery was worth the drive from Watertown...in and out in less than 30 minutes with a bummed out attitude and lack of wine.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Heard about this Winery while I was at the Deadwood Mountain Grand last month. Figured I would try this place out while we were in town for thanksgiving and see what it was all about. I wasn't a fan of the wine as it was a bit too sweet for me. However, the woman that was there made the experience very fun for us! She had wonderful customer service and despite how busy she was she took the time to help me and my husband find a wine we would like, after hearing our taste for other wines. She made it a very fun time for us!

1  Thank Carleigh D