All reviews parking fee infinity pool frosted glass retractable roof lobby bar cadillac jacks the spring hill suites entire room separate sitting area sofa bed brown rock nice pool road trip beautiful hotel bathroom door black hills attached casino
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We are lifetime platinum and had booked a 5 night stay. Did not receive an upgrade. Hotel did not have lotion. Parking is limited. Left room at 10:30 one morning and returned at 5:00 to an uncleaned room to which we were questioned about having a do not disturb sign on the door. We did not! Staff were not really friendly.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
James M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for being a lifetime platinum elite and staying with us in Deadwood. We appreciate you! On behalf of my team, we apologize about the experience you stated. I wish I would have had the opportunity to speak with you in person about these issues. I would like to hear from you to gather more details, so we can improve as a team. If you could, please contact the hotel directly and ask for James. I look forward to hearing from you very soon. Thanks again and safe travels. -James and the SHS Team

Reviewed August 28, 2018

The hotel is located off the strip of Deadwood. It connects with two Hilton properties, restaurants and casinos. Really nice place. Parking on the other hand can be a little difficult at times. Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very quiet and well maintained. The hotel was really close to all the places and activities that were part of the Kool Deadwood Nights car show. With the car show in town the room rates doubled on the peak days. Also was charged up front for our stay before we arrived. Generally that happens at the time of booking not after you have booked. I can understand they are covering the possibility of people last minute cancelling but that isn't my problem. This is the only Marriott hotel this has ever happened at. Wanted to also mention this hotel has instant hot water on the upper floors. My wife and I found that quite neat. Normally you have to wait for the water to heat up on the upper floors. Our room faced the mountain side of the property. Nice view of a cemented area and some dirt.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the street.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
James M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Good day! Thanks for staying with us recently and thanks for leaving us a thoughtful review. We appreciate you! We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and we hope to see you for KDN next year. We'll be on the lookout for your name. Thanks again! -James and the SHS Team

Reviewed August 24, 2018

I was booking a room due to a death in our family in Wyoming. Deadwood is a good half way point for us to stop and continue on the following day to our destination in Casper. On 8/25 Marriott's agent site was doing some type of upgrade and said it may be slower than normal. I attempted to book an agent rate, but nothing seemed to confirm and never received a confirmation email to my email. After about 30-45 minutes I reached out to Customer Service with Marriotts to inquire if they see a reservation for myself at the property and was advised they did not for any date in the future. I hung up and started to look for an alternative property since nothing seemed to be going through. I called back again to the 800 number and again was told they didn't see anything for me at this property nor any Marriott property in the future. Since this was the case and I needed to book for 8/26 I then booked the Tru by Hilton where I received a confirmation immediately (approx. 1p). At 5:55p I received a Marriott confirmation email saying I was confirmed at the Springhill and I immediately reached out to the property to explain the situation and see if I could cancel the reservation with no penalty as it never said I was confirmed online or I would never have confirmed another room elsewhere. Of course the front desk agent had to revert to the manager, James, who didn't care about the Marriott website upgrades, nor that it never emailed me the confirmation for more than 4 hours and would not assist in cancelling with no penalty as we are within their 48 hour cancel policy. As a travel agent, I am well aware of the cancel policies of hotels and that managers have the ability to waive these in certain circumstances. Had I known it did confirm I would have never booked somewhere else - but he had no empathy in the situation. I reached out to Marriott customer care and currently have a late cancel review on file and demanded my calls be pulled so they could see that I had tried to verify if I was confirmed or not. I am still waiting on their final ruling in the matter. This was not the way we wanted to start our trip to attend my husband's grandfather's funeral in Casper and made for a long drive to handle matters. I will be letting all my agent friends know about the customer service I received to help them avoid this property in the future should they head to the area for fun as it isn't worth having to deal with.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
James M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Good evening, Sherri. We apologize about the situation you're in and thanks for reaching out again. I will reach out to Marriott to gather more facts regarding this case and investigate from there to determine further actions. Marriott does have a 48 hours cancellation policy, but obviously we do our very best at the property level to work around it in certain unfortunate life situations.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located in downtown Billings with walking distance access to restaurants. The front desk was friendly and most helpful with all questions. The room was clean and prepared for our arrival. We used the valet parking which was convenient.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
James M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in Billings! Travel safe and best wishes.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

When we decided to take a trip to see Mount Rushmore, the Black Hills and Badlands, and play golf in the area, I searched for a Marriott property as a lifetime platinum member. The choices were two hard by I-90 in Rapid City, plus Deadwood. Having watched the HBO show, we thought the Deadwood location would be interesting. It was a great call.

The hotel itself was comfortable and plenty convenient to the sites we wanted to see _ a little further out than Rapid City, but more than made up by the location and the immediate area.

Our king-bed suite had a separate sitting area to watch television or just relax (always a plus rather than sitting up in bed), the bathroom was spacious and everything was clean and comfortable. All in all, up to Marriott standards _ including the daily breakfast and the friendly help.

Deadwood is an old western town with a rich and somewhat interestingly turbulent history and it's been kept somewhat in the style of the late 19th century for which it's most famous. The saloon where Wild Big Hickok was shot, for instance, looks as if it hasn't been touched, as do several other local businesses.

Casinos are allowed in Deadwood and one is attached to the hotel, which we thought might be an issue in terms of the hotel's ambience. But you hardly could tell it was there (it also serves two other hotels attached to the SpringHill Suites in a lengthy building that also includes a pair of restaurants). The only issue is self-parking in the lot and garage, both of which need more capacity. But valet parking is available for the same cost as self-parking.

The drives to the various sites are about an hour or slightly more, longer than from the Rapid City properties, but worth it because of the SpringHill's far better location. The 75-80 mph speed limit on I-90, however, helps.

Practically everything in town is within easy walking distance (although there is a $1-a-ride trolley that'll get you everywhere), including more casinos including some in little more than storefronts) and attractions. Most of the restaurants are casual and basic _ although the Gem in town has a unique Deadwood history, good food and is a cut above the rest. About the only higher-end place in town, at the Deadwood Lodge, isn't really walkable worth the trolley or short drive it takes to get there. Best meal we had all week.

We were worried a bit about the noise from a three-wheel motorcycle festival in town the weekend we were there. But we never heard a peep of it in our room, which faced the main street, but was clearly more than adequately soundproofed.

There's also a short stream-side walk across the street from the hotel through which you can get to another end of town with unique buildings and homes. The Mount Moriah Cemetery, where Wild Bill and other notables are buried (i.e. Calamity Jane and Sheriff Seth Bullock) is a strenuous, uphill walk, but doable and many of the homes nearby date back to Deadwood's mining-town heyday.

For golf, the Golf Club at Red Rock is the best in the area and about an hour away, hilly, scenic and challenging. And there are other courses in the area we didn't play that looked interesting and scenic, as well.

Bottom line, although there seemed to be other nice hotels in Deadwood (at least from the outside), the SpringHill Suites was perfect for the week we spent there.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve A
James M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Hi Steve. On behalf on the SHS Deadwood Team, THANK YOU! Thanks for your honest and thoughtful review. We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the local, historic area of Deadwood. Deadwood is truly a special place and we’d like to think we have a special team of associates that help take care of our great guests like you. We hope to see you down the road in your travels. All the best and thanks again, -James and the SHS Team