All reviewstrolley stopsoffice areaevery half hourroom was cleanfront deskparking lotmicrowave and fridgea king size bedslot machinesbike weekpleasant staystayed here for nightsstay there againsmall casinomoteldowntowntv
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We were in town for a bachelorette party and the first hotel we checked (Gold Country Inn) into had bugs on the pillow and they relocated us to this hotel. The desk worker from the last hotel told us that this desk worker is the manager of the two hotels and she would be able to help us get into the room. We walked in and told her we came from the Gold Country Inn and immediately was defensive against us and really didn't want to talk to us. She used our card, did some computer work, and handed us our keys and sent us on our way. We get up to our room and start to inspect the beds because we were paranoid and happened to find another bug. We called from the room asking the manager to come up there and see it for herself to prove that we weren't lying about the bugs. She replied with, "I'm to busy to come up there to see these bugs you keep talking about." This really upset us as it was almost midnight and we didn't know what to do. My friends and I started searching hotels in deadwood that we could check into still that night. While we were doing this, the room phone rang and it was the front desk manager. We answer it and she says, "Are you going to check out of that room or what?" We replied with, "we are trying to find another hotel to check into but there isn't much available at 12am in the morning." She then says, "You need to make a decision and you need to do it quickly." Right then and there we said we would be down there to check out. As we went to turn in the keys, she grabbed them and was going to turn around and walk away. We had to ask for a refund to be given to us and she told us, "You will need to wait for 2-7 days and it should be refunded." She then turned around and walked away from us. We were happy to be done dealing with her but unfortunately had to turn around and drive back to rapid to find a room for the night. This "manager" was the worst desk worker I have ever encountered and will never stay at her hotels again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ssoukup2009
Katy H, H at Deadwood Station Bunkhouse & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

We are so sorry to hear about his terrible experience. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to the owner's attention. These matters are taken very seriously and will be addressed.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

Room was clean, most amenities except no hair dryer. Personnel friendly and helpful. They gave us extra coffee at our request the day before because the front office doesn't open till 630 am. The only thing is, the breakfast they offer is really limited. No milk, juice, or cereal.

Room Tip: Great view, quiet main level.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 16, 2018

We were not impressed with this motel. When I walked in to register for our reserved room, I was not greeted with a smile or hello, hi, kiss my a--, nothing. The two women who were at the registration desk just looked at me. I stated my name and told them we had reserved a room for the night. She processed my card and gave me my receipt. She did not tell me that they served a continental breakfast. We got to our room and it was clean and spacious, but there was no information tips or guides to either attractions or restaurants. I had to call down to the front desk to get the WiFi password. I did not have this response from any of our previous hotels that I had reserved for our trip to Yellowstone National Park. We were very disappointed with this reservation.I am glad that we are only staying here one night. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: look for another place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed February 10, 2018

We've stayed at several places in Deadwood and this one rates right up there with the added benefit of being nearly half the price of anywhere on the main drag. It's a bit of a walk from downtown but the shuttles run regularly and a taxi ride either way is very cheap.

Parking was right in front of our room with plug-ins available for engine block heaters. That was relief since it was 4 degrees when we arrived in our diesel truck. The place is older but looks well maintained and kept up. The bed was comfortable but, as with most motels these days, shower pressure was lacking.

The office is separate with a small casino with food, drinks, and adult beverages available. Samples of the local brew pubs' products were great. The front desk folks were very nice and hospitable. The downside is that the front desk is not manned after 10:30 or so until the morning. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rowdy_GRK
Reviewed October 12, 2017

The first thing that happened was we had reserved room 119. This room was the one on the end. When we got there to check in we were told that the guest who had 119 decided to stay another night. That we would have to take room 115. What happened to telling the guest if he stays another night he would have to take another room because room 119 is reserved for that night. Instead we were the ones that were put out. We had reserved that room in advance. This is bad customer service.
The other thing is the Wi-fi which didn't work the entire time we were there. This includes the 3 times we went to the office. It worked fine in the office but not in the room'. If you need internet find another motel.
This is also dangerous to exit and enter the motel.
The bathtub wasn't clean and the faucets looked like they had never been wiped down. There were hairs on the shower curtain that were long and black. My husband and I have light hair color. You also might want to bring some light bulbs. The lighting was so bad we checked the bulbs. They were all different wattage's.
We weren't happy with our stay. You might have better luck.

Room Tip: I have no tips
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy C
Katy H, Director of Sales at Deadwood Station Bunkhouse & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Hello Judy,

We are so sorry to hear that you had these troubles while you were a guest of ours. Our sincerest apologies that we couldn't make your stay a great one. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.