All reviews xbox room x box newer hotel choice rewards noisy guests free coffee and tea great hotel black hills separate room the breakfast area hill overlooking business center large bathroom standard fare quiet location annual trip water pressure in the shower
Reviewed July 30, 2016

This is a newer hotel in a good location for visiting Mt. Rushmore and Custer, and it's right off the main road as you come into town. We got a suite and it was actually two rooms (6 beds) rather than one room with a sofa sleeper. The bedding was clean and comfortable. The hot tub was larger than most and the breakfast area had plenty of seating and food. We'll stay here again if we're in the area!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2016

We spent 2 nights here and enjoyed our stay. We had a king bed suite and it was spacious, comfortable and quiet---except when the ice machine across from us was being used! This hotel is new and very clean and attractive.
The bed was very comfortable and the shower had great pressure. The breakfast buffet offered a good selection of hot and cold options--but no waffle maker, if that matters to you. I was happy with the biscuits and gravy instead.
It is located up a hill away from the downtown but only a few blocks away, and very close to the train station. However, we did not notice any train noise to disturb us.
We were pleased with our stay here.
My only complaint is that I specifically requested a quiet room away from the elevator and ice machine when I made my reservation, and when we checked in our room was right next to the elevator and directly across from the icemaker. Since they were full, we could not change rooms. Fortunately, although the the ice maker was very loud, it was seldom used during our stay, and there were no noisy guests congregating or talking loudly at the elevator, so it worked out okay. But it was annoying that my request was so completely ignored.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2016

Booked a room at this Hotel with free points from Choice Hotels. The room was very comfortable and clean had a King Room suite. the bed and bathroom very clean and fresh. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast bar was well stocked for regular contential style breakfast it was also very clean and inviting. Would stay here again for sure. This Hotel is new and looks it.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2016

The rooms are very clean and spacious! The Staff was extremely accommodating, the even ran to a sister hotel and brought me a pack and play for my son!!! Nice pool and the hot tub is quite large.. They even have an xbox room for the kids!!!

Room Tip: Everything is great!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a king suite which was located just a few doors down from the pool, ice machine, business center, and Xbox room in the lower level. The pool was very refreshing and the hot tub was amazing after a day of hiking. Convenient parking located right out back door. Great location for exploring Black Hills.

Overall, the room was spacious and clean when we arrived, however, I had two concerns. After day two, sheets, comforter, etc., had a damp feel to it. It was not overly humid and I never could really figure out why that was except that we were in a lower level. Second, during our stay was that it appeared as though housekeeping did not clean room as well as they should. Drinking cups were not replenished and beds were not made properly.

Overall I would stay there again but perhaps not on a lower level. Also, I know it can be a challenge at times, but staff need to all be trained on specific cleaning procedures to ensure consistency throughout the guest stay. Just a few tweaks will go a long way to fixing this problem.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family