All reviewscinnamon rollshi expressblack hillstrain tracksworkout roomcrazy horsecuster state parkmt rushmorenice hotelking suiteyogurtnice breakfastbreakfast barfront desk staffother hotelscomfortable bedsstaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed August 6, 2018

They had our reservation with no hassle. The room was about what we expected. The staff was always friendly and smiling. The breakfast was good. My grand nephew especially liked the pancake maker. He wants us to get one at home. The swimming pool was just the right size. All in all it was a great stay. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We got a suite with a jacuzzi but never used it. Too much to do in the area and the boys liked to go swimming instead.
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

We selected this Holiday Inn Express based on reviews and location and it was perfect for what we needed - close proximity to Mt Rushmore and other Black Hills places. It’s a 5 minute walk to the small town of Hill City, where we ate and enjoyed Desperado. The hotel is very quiet with good offerings for breakfast. We didn’t use the pool but both nights it was busy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

This is a very clean and nice hotel. The rooms are very nice and clean. There is a pool and fitness area. They put real pillows on the bed not those stupid dinner mint pillows. So how does a hotel that does everything to earn a very good to excellent rating only get an average rating? It’s the bed stupid. The mattress is some kind of a foam and mattress combination that you sink down into. At first it wasn’t too bad but by morning I could barely get out of bed because my back hurt so bad and ultimately you choose a hotel for how well you sleep.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Good sized rooms, nice breakfast in the mornings, an indoor pool big enough to tire out the kids, friendly staff, a fridge to keep food for the next day's picnics. I recommend the hotel and staying in Hill City for a visit to the Black Hills.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

I put in for a handicapped accessible room for wife in wheelchair. When I got there I asked to make sure it was a handicapped accessible room I was told it was not. So wasn't happy. Told there was a suite available for the first night of the stay which worked better, but had to switch to original room next night. First night room was nice. Second night room was on the smaller side. Manager was nice trying to fix things. Pool wasn't huge but was a very nice area. Breakfast was a large selection and was very good. Besides check in and small 2nd room, stay was good and close to a lot of things to do.

Room Tip: Accessible rooms are small