“Great Beds”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lead
Freeman, South Dakota
“Great Beds”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I recently enjoyed a suite here when I was traveling on business. Being in my mid-60s and with decades of evenings in motels/hotels I have come to particularly appreciate certain things. These were great beds/pillows - some of the best I've encountered. I actually slept well. I also enjoyed the staff who were courteous, conversational, and responsive. Everything was clean and well put together. If there were any negative comment I might have it's that it's a little hard to spot the entrance to hotel property itself. I would definitely return.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sn0wfinder, Customer Liaison at Copper Mounatin Resort and Condominiums, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are pretty proud of our beds, and we love to hear that you agree with us on their level of comfort. The fact that you are an avid and experienced traveler and can state that we met your needs is amazing for us! We hope to see you again sometime soon! :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2012

the days inn in lead, south dakota is the perfect place to stay when traveling to the black hills. not only are the accommodations clean, reasonably priced, and well maintained, but in addition this hotel is in the PERFECT location. from lead you can easily access all the best tourist highlights: spearfish canyon, needles highway, custer park, mount rushmore, deadwood, hill city, crazy horse memorial, black hills national forest, the game lodge. i'm sure sure i missed several of the great places to see, but for sure the days inns is right in the middle of so many, that i won't stay at any other hotel when visiting the area. the manager, rorry, is especially accommodating. the staff at the hotel are all anxious to make your stay very pleasant. the food in the restaurant is excellent (note: i really like the breadfast buffet, reasonably priced and practically anything you would want for a great starter in the morning. and i haven't had lunch or dinner, but assume the food is just as good).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I first stayed at this hotel many years ago, the price is always great and transportation is available to and from Deadwood. I have been back at least twice a year since then and it seems the hotel is imporoving with every visit. This last time we stayed we had an amazing experience! Very pleased with the staff, the beds were to die for, the rooms were clean and fresh, the lounge is gorgeous and perfect to party in. In the morning we loved sitting on the patio with the most awesome coffee and enjoying the beautiful view of Lead.
To top it off the Days Inn is very active with helping those in need in the community. They will be hosting a fundraising event later this month that my girlfriends and I plan on attending making this 2 visits to this hotel in 2 months! I can't imagine the hotel getting any better than it is now.. if you have stayed before, stay again.. you will be amazed!

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms are available for large groups.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Yankton, South Dakota
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I would highly reccommend a stay in the Days Inn of Lead! My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff were extremely nice. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I had an awesome experience with not only the staff but also the owner. If you want to stay in a place where the owner really cares about his building, staff, and customers this is the place. The staff were very personable. The scenery was magnificate.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have been coming to the Black Hills of South Dakota to work the towns both within and surrounding the Black Hills with my sales people for eleven years. We come several times a year for one to three weeks at a time. In all this time, I have never found a property that was such a good value and outstanding property as to bring us back time and time again.

We have now found that property!

The Days Inn in Lead is so perfectly, centrally located, that we could work Lead, Spearfish, Deadwood, Custer, Keystone, Hill City, Sturgis and Rapid City, with as little as a 15 minute drive in the morning, or at most 45 minutes to reach Rapid City. As a result, this was the perfect location from which to stage our work.

In addition, we like to play poker in Deadwood. Deadwood is expensive and the parking is horrible. I had no idea Lead was so close! We used the local taxi services and we paid $5 each to get to Deadwood, and $5 to get back. It's just a 3 to 5 minute ride. We didn't have to deal with parking, walking from parking to the casino, and there was no possibility of drinking and driving.

The rooms were perfect for our needs: Flatscreen TV, comfy beds, and clean.

The staff was friendly and courteous, and the sports bar has both great food and entertainment.

The rates were extremely competitive. So much so, that we had a hard time leaving! We actually checked out three separate times just to check right back in the same day that evening!

I plan on going back with my family over the 4th of July.

Room Tip: 5th floor with a view of Lead is extremely charming.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Spearfish, SD
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Had my wife's surprise 40th birthday party at Days Inn in Lead. Rented several rooms for family members. The staff put on a great birthday dinner buffet style in convention room. The rooms were reasonable, clean and staff ready and willing to accommodate. Spent some time in lounge listening to live music came back the following week for wing night. Also like the convenience of hotel being centrally located.
Overall, the Days Inn of Lead SD made the wknd a success for wifes B-Day pty and put me in good standing with her and inlaws. Thanks will do again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lead
0.7 km away
5.8 km away
SpringHill Suites Deadwood
0.2 km away
Whitetail Court Motel and Campground

Been to Copper Mounatin Resort and Condominiums? Share your experiences!