“Excellent meal, little pricey!”

Chef Louie's Steak House & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Mitchell
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2017

We were in Mitchell for one night and decided to try Chef Louie's based on the other reviews. I had one of the best prime rib dinners I've ever had! Be prepared to spend some money though. Most entrees were between $20 and $40. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. I would go back if I ever get back to Mitchell

1  Thank Laura N

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We went out to eat on a Friday night and was treated with a very friendly lady that sat us right away. The waiter was very good and told us about their specials, we got out drinks right away and the steaks were outstanding just the way we ordered them. A little spendy but if you want a great place for a night out this is it!!

1  Thank 420dan
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed our meal here. Great service and amazing food at incredible prices. This place is about one third cheaper than any other steak house I have been to and the quality is works class. It is definitely worth stopping.

1  Thank Wess P
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We had our best meal here during our three-day stay. All seven of us had steaks which were very good; the asparagus was perfectly done. The chocolate cake was dense and yummy and the atmosphere was inviting. The service could have been better, but everyone was friendly. We would go back on our next visit.

1  Thank 843lucindam
Reviewed June 26, 2017

We were visiting Mitchell for a family gathering after many years and decided to return to Chef Louie's. We had a large group of people sitting at several tables. The service was kind; however, the food was a total disappointment for most of us. The presentation of the food was reminiscent of the 1970s-80s, slab of meat, baked potato, and a small iceberg lettuce salad served with dressing in a cup on the side. This is not an inexpensive restaurant. For the same amount of money, I have had spectacular meals in many other states. The food and restaurant need updating. There are wonderful steakhouse restaurants nationwide with wonderful appeal; perhaps, the chef should visit some and get some new ideas.

1  Thank 1Traveler2_11