“Pleasant Surprise”

Chef Louie's Steak House & Lounge
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Mitchell
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2017

We were in Mitchell for just one night. Stayed at the Hampton. We were looking for some place close by for dinner. We saw the reviews for Chef Louie and decided it was close and had some good reviews. We were greeted just inside by a friendly young man. Seated right away as they were not particularly busy (no reservation-mid week). Decor was supper club like and quite nice. Our server came right away to welcome us and ask about drink orders. Well, what a nice surprise. We ordered the house cab for just $5. Large glass and generous pour. I'm no wine snob and found the house cab to be quite good. I ordered the 6oz filet and my wife had the steak salad. My filet came with two sides (I had veggie and house salad). Both meals were very good. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about menu items. This restaurant was a nice find on what can often be a hit-or-miss proposition when traveling. Looks unassuming, but worth your time in Mitchell. One more comment. A few have suggested this place was somewhat expensive. I found all pricing to be quite reasonable (my filet $22.95). Other steaks and seafood entree's a bit more but still nothing out of line.

2  Thank Sawyer9813

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

We sat at the bar and were very much taken care of! The beverage service was fabulous and all the food we ordered was made exactly to our specifications. My husband's steak was just how he loves it and I had the chicken fettuccini alfredo which was super Yamalicious! The mushroom side was very well done as well. If we were not driving through, we would definitely go back there again!

1  Thank LouiseMonroe_WA
Reviewed July 13, 2017

We were in Mitchell for one night and decided to try Chef Louie's based on the other reviews. I had one of the best prime rib dinners I've ever had! Be prepared to spend some money though. Most entrees were between $20 and $40. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. I would go back if I ever get back to Mitchell

1  Thank Laura N
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We went out to eat on a Friday night and was treated with a very friendly lady that sat us right away. The waiter was very good and told us about their specials, we got out drinks right away and the steaks were outstanding just the way we ordered them. A little spendy but if you want a great place for a night out this is it!!

1  Thank 420dan
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed our meal here. Great service and amazing food at incredible prices. This place is about one third cheaper than any other steak house I have been to and the quality is works class. It is definitely worth stopping.

1  Thank 426wessp