“Close to Airport and the Goodies are SUPERB”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rapid City
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I called before going to Microtel to ask if I could check in early. Check in time is 3:00. Ryan said that I could come at Noontime as I would have my daughter and an 8 month old baby. There was a need to pick up my husband and son from the Harley Dealership. They had a crib (pac n play - sp?) ready when we got there. The indoor pool was a treat. They had appetizers from 5:00 in the p.m. till 7:00 in the p.m. at the hotel next door for all of us. Did I mention that this was during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally week?? As busy as they were, Samira (on duty when we checked in) answered all of our questions and was quite helpful. She, also, told us we could get breakfast earlier then 6:00 in the a.m. and to wake up Beau. Our flight was leaving at 6:30 in the a.m. the next day. Samira recommended us to the Millstone Family Diner for our dinner and it was GREAT! This is a wonderful place to stay when coming and going from Sturgis! There is, also, free bottled water with no limit. The airport was 30 minutes away. We stayed there 10 years ago when we went to our first Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (coming and going) and this is why I booked it again for our way home!

Room Tip: The rooms are large and clean. We were tired and every room is great!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Samira J, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

I am so glad to know that Ryan, Bou, and I could be more than helpful. I am even more pleased to know that you will be returning again. I thank you for the amazing review and all the kind words you have; I know that the staff members will be pleased. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us an honest review and we anticipate your next stay with us.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Booked my stay on Bookings.com. When to check out the he rates where the same for each day. The internet very poor. Breakfast was the same thing for the four day of my stay, so had to go out for breakfast three days.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

519maxined,

Thank you for writing a review and for staying with us! You are correct, we do maintain rate integrity day to day. We are undergoing an internet upgrade, so sorry that you had any trouble. Thank you for the input on our free breakfast, we will be sure to change it up a bit! We extend you a warm welcome to exceed your expectations for future stays.

Thanks again, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Decor was dated, room was reasonably clean, but dirty around the edges (bathroom floor and tub). Our room didn't have a TV remote the first night and wasn't replaced until the next day. The TV was located on the top of a tall dresser/closet on one end of the room and might as well have been mounted on the ceiling. Uncomfortable to watch. The elevator had food on the floor that hadn't been cleaned up. Overall, it was barely adequate. Won't stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Allyson R,

Thank you for writing a review of our property, we value you as a guest and your feedback. We are currently undergoing a deep cleaning of our bathrooms with a new cleaner we are very excited about. If you have any troubles during your stay, we would be pleased to fix them while you are staying with us so we can make you happy instantly, Management is more than happy to assist you to make your stay exceptional!

We welcome you back for a chance for us to make it right! Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

good for a one night stay. Comfortable beds and a decent breakfast. Even had iced tea when we got there. Check in was easy and quick and service was good. Shower was great and nice and hot Can't complain.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Shane D,

Thank you for staying with us and your great review! We extend you a warm welcome back for a comfortable bed, free breakfast, hot shower, and prompt service...hope to see you soon!

Thank you again, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This stay was one of the worst I have experienced...The day staff were accommodating but the evening staff were the rudest people, the night auditor stated if we didn't like it we could go to another hotel, probably would have but sign at the front desk stated all preauthorized stays could not receive a refund, yep the hotel preauthorized our entire stay when we checked in. So we were locked in!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I thought because this hotel was associated with the Wyndham it would be decent but.... the wifi they advertised never worked. They kept saying it was working but I used up all my data after I was supposedly connected to their internet. The shower had very poor water pressure and the tub was disgusting. I won't make the same mistake again....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Samira J, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

djrategan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is very important to us and so are you as a valued guest. I am sorry to hear that there was troubles with the wifi, our staff is always there to help should you need assistance, we strive to make your stay the best possible! Please also feel free to discuss any concerns during your stay with management, we are here to make you happy!

Thank you again, and we extend you a warm welcome back so we can exceed your expectations if you return to the beautiful Black Hills.

Enjoy your summer!