“Would stay here over and over again”
Review of Foothills Inn

Foothills Inn
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed here for a week in June 2010. Not sure what took me so long to write this review. I was looking at pictures and was reminded again of what a great time we had here. We had 3 rooms here and every single one of us had rave reviews.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable. The rooms with a refrigerator and a microwave are great for a lengthy stay and for those with families. Breakfast in the mornings was either muffins from Perkins, or cereal, or sausage/egg hotpockets. The kids really liked the little lounge area upstairs where they could play games or just read. The location and price were spot on. It was an incredible value for an incredible place.

I can't say enough about the staff at this place. There wasn't anything we asked for that wasn't immediately addressed. I would stay here over and over again -- way better than impersonal hotels where you are just a number.

If you do stay here, go down to Philly Teds which is just a short little walk about a block away. Their food is GREAT too!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 November 2011

price was right, room was clean and spacious. the bed was ok....if you are tired it is a place to just kick back and get some shut-eye. did not spend a lot of time in the room, so all-in-all it was fine. for the price....i had a clean room, hot shower and a place to sleep without worrying. perkins right next door if you are hungry and dont want to drive.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brad F
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed here in October 2011 and the price was great. Maybe this was because it was off season. I was there to check out Mt. Rushmore. I think I might have been given a suite, but it was large, clean, had a microwave and a frig. The only two things that could be considered negatives, is that the hot water had to run for a few mins to get hot, and the breakfast is extremely minimal compared to other places. It seemed a shame to have such a meager breakfast area for such a really nice room. I would certainly stay again, and if one wanted, just go to like a Dennys for a huge breakfast if desired.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night before heading south to Hill City for the rest of our weekend in the Black Hills. The room was clean and comfortable, but nothing fantastic. For the price, however, I can hardly complain.

Room:
The room was clean and spacious. It had two double beds, table and sitting chairs, dresser, and tv. Nothing was modern but it functioned just fine for our short stay. Behind the seating area there appeared to be a sliding glass door leading to an outdoor pool area, but it was difficult to tell since we got in late and it was already very dark outside.

Bathroom:
The bathroom was small but adequate. The bright sapphire shower looked very outdated, but good ol’ Big Blue was clean and provided plenty of hot water.

Other reviewers have mentioned refrigerators and microwaves in their rooms. Our room did not have either, however, we did not need those as we were there only for one short night’s sleep.

Breakfast:
Breakfast is included and available from 6am – 10am. The spread consisted of cereal (Cheerios, Raisin Bran, and Special K), toast, mini muffins, juice, and coffee. It was nothing to rave about, but adequate. There was not enough seating for everyone, with only two or three tables in a small space, but we made ourselves comfortable on the overstuffed lounge chairs to eat our cereal.

Rate:
Our rate was $36 per night, including tax.

Overall:
For this rate, I would stay here again and would recommend it to others looking for a deal.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank viajerosivda
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights as a central location to see Rushmore and the other tourists attractions. Location is great and very close to the highway. The normal rate is $49/night, but I booked on Travelocity and got it for 25% because I was there for 3 days.

On the positive side - the rooms are very large. Mine had a queen bed, work desk and other small coffee table, 3 straight chairs and reclining chair. Bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. There was also an oversized mini refrigerator and microwave. Very nice for buying drinks and snacks for the room.

On the negative side - the hotel probably looked great 20 years ago, but is very much outdated today. The light blue bathtub/shower combo was typical of the style. The continental breakfast was the poorest I've ever seen. It only contained cereal, sliced bread, mini muffins, juice, milk and coffee. The TV was a 27" tube TV and picture was very dark.

I would have given the hotel 1-2 stars if the price wasn't so good. Likewise I could have given it 4 stars if it wasn't just so outdated.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed for one night on a road trip after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and all I can do is agree with the great reviews the place is getting.

I was dubious when I walked into the reception to be met by a guest without shirt or socks on and an overly generous amount of buttock cleavage on display but after dealing with the guest the front desk staff member politely asked if he wouldn't mind covering up next time in communal areas. He then followed this up with an immediate apology to me.

So checked in, we found ourselves in a lovely clean and well equipped spacious room. The beds were a little on the hard side for my liking but the place was otherwise so nice it's not worth marking down for that.

Combined with a complimentary breakfast (usual motel fare), this truly was a great stay at a bargain price. It was raining hard so we never did our intended trip to Badlands National Park but if and when we come back we'll look up the Foothills Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I just got back from a trip to Rapid City and stayed at the Foothills Inn from 9/23/11 to 9/26/11.This was a wonderful place to stay. My room was very clean, it had plenty of room and had a refrigerator and a microwave. It was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Everyone was friendly and all of the front desk staff was very polite and helpful. Continental breakfast of cereal, milk, juice and some pastries was a great quick start for the day. The low price was amazing for such a nice place! I will definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo