All reviews water park indoor waterpark front desk sliders room was clean waffles black hills king suite free breakfast the breakfast area waffle maker family vacation hot tub road trip mt rushmore perkins inns
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the end of June for two days. Kids loved the waterpark a little bit on the expensive side but it’s the summer so it’s understandable. Rooms were ok. Clean. Check in went well. Front desk staff are super friendly if you ever stay. I think it was Josh and Jeremy I talked to the first night and Ashley the second night. Very knowledgeable about the area and friendly. I didn’t partake in the breakfast though. Overall amazing stay!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed July 15, 2018

We use Marriott a lot and I'm usually not to keen on staying at Fairfield Inn's- can be sketchy. We rolled in at midnight and left the next morning for Mt Rushmore. Breakfast was average- everything else was as expected. Most importantly- it was clean, so worth a quick stay if you need one.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

We stayed for several nights this month at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City in June (2018). We did Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park one day and then went to Badlands Park the next. We had a great experience at this hotel. The breakfast was nice and there was a terrific woman named Marci who kept it stocked and walked table to table helping people with a huge smile. The room was spacious and we enjoyed the clean hotel attached to a water park. That might be the only drawback was the extra charge for the water park. But guests all got complimentary hot tub passes ( which was very large) but the park ( literally attached ) was extra.

Room Tip: We preferred an upper floor as first floor has a lot of water park traffic
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
DeLana G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

PartyofFour,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent adventures in the BlackHills and Badlands! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and we will be sure to let Marci know you mentioned her! We are very lucky to have an amazing staff here, and we are glad to hear you think so too.
We look foreward to seeing you again in the future!
Liv Well,

Reviewed July 11, 2018

The hotel offers a room for family with quite a reasonable price. The service was good, and our room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. We traveled with two teenagers and shared the same room. The boys got the sofa-bed and the edge of the bed was almost so close to the nearby furniture, left a very little space for us to walk between our bed and the bathroom. We also find difficult to use the table as the chair cannot be placed properly... Apart from that, overall experience with the hotel was good: nice staff, good breakfast, high-quality cleaning.

Dian H,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for providing your honest feedback. We are hopeful that our remodel will help us address some of the space issues we currently have in some of the rooms. We hope that we will see you again, the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

I'll be honest, I stay at Marriott properties (most frequently Fairfield Inn) for my reward points. However, the reason I even have a reward membership with Marriott is because of the reliability and consistency. Are they perfect every time? No, but they remain consistent enough that I am able to overlook some issues.
This particular property was our base of operations for our family vacation to see the sights around Rapid City. The staff was extremely accommodating, having made sure to provide me adjoining rooms, resulting in my wife and I getting a spacious suite "away" from the kids. I had read some reviews that noise was an issue, particularly in relation to the attached water park, but in our time here I never experienced and significant noise issue. Sure there was the occasional thump from someone upstairs (we were on the ground floor), but it was never constant or problematic. We quite enjoyed our stay and would elect to do so again when traveling through the area.
Much like my other reviews of the breakfasts of this particular chain, it was exactly what I have come to expect from Fairfield, uninspiring but consistent. The standard scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereals and waffle-maker were all available. One issue I did have with this particular location was the incredible inconsistency with the oatmeal - one day it was so thick it wouldn't come out without significant assistance and the next it was so soupy as to be inedible. Minor nitpicks I know, but something I wanted any reader to be aware of. Over all breakfast was not filled with an exciting selection, but it's available and makes it nice to just quickly eat and go without the hassle of finding another place to eat breakfast. Would it be nice to be surprised with a bit of variety now and then, sure, but I'm happy with what I can rely on from Fairfield as well.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the water park if you want quiet

Charles B,
Thank you for your honesty, and as a Marriott Rewards member, we appreciate your loyalty, and hope that we can continue to deliver on the reliable and consistent service and guest experience you have come to expect. We will work on making the oatmeal as consistent as the rest of your experience! We are glad that overall you and your family enjoyed your time with us, and we hope that we will see you again in the future.