All reviews water park indoor waterpark front desk sliders room was clean waffles black hills king suite free breakfast the breakfast area waffle maker family vacation hot tub road trip mt rushmore perkins inns
Reviewed July 16, 2018

I recently stayed one night at the Fairfield Inn Rapid City on a Sunday night. I had just spent the entire day on Sunday exploring the Badlands, and it was a very hot day, so I was looking forward to enjoying the attached water park after checking-in! I arrived to check-in at about 4:30 in the afternoon. There was a short wait at the front desk to be checked in, but I was being waited on within 2-3 minutes. The gentleman who checked me in was efficient, but it bothers me when I don't get the rundown on the hotel's amenities and stuff like that, especially when I can hear that the other worker at the front desk is telling the guests he is checking-in all about the amenities. I was given a room on the 3rd floor with a king bed. The room was quite spacious, and it was cleaned pretty well. I think it was just a standard room, but in addition to the area with the king bed, there was another sitting area of the room with a sofa and a second TV. This would have been convenient for larger families or groups. I enjoyed how spacious the room was, and I was very satisfied. The bathroom was mostly clean, too, but I thought it was a bit odd having a rubber mat for the shower. The rubber mat provided kind of smelled, and it was a bit unusual. Everything else with the room was good. My room faced the parking lot and I-90, but I slept well and was not kept awake with traffic noises. I needed to go back down to the front desk after I brought in my luggage to ask about water park admission passes since the front desk clerk did not mention how this works to me. This time, the other guy assisted me, and he was much more informative. I was told that I needed to purchase a water park wristband. For some reason I thought that would be included with staying here, but I needed to pay nearly $18 additional to get a wristband. I thought this was kind of steep, but I went ahead and paid the admission since I wanted to cool off in the water park. The Watiki water park was OK; it was not the best water park I have ever been to but not the worst. There are 4 hotels that are connected to this water park, so it seems that it gets busy. You are allowed to use the hot tub for no extra charge, but you need the wristband to use anything else or go down slides. I did enjoy myself in the water park until 9:00, when it closes on Sunday nights, and I was allowed to go back until 10:30 on Monday morning. I made sure to get back down there shortly after it opened at 8:00 to be able to enjoy it for a while again. There are plenty of restaurants, stores, etc. in the area, as Rapid City is pretty large. There is a sports bar right inside the water park area, as well as a Perkins restaurant attached to Fairfield Inn. I would have eaten dinner at Perkins after the water park closed if it hadn't been for wanting to use a gift card I had for another restaurant in the area. I slept mostly well here, though some strong thunderstorms came through the area in the night, which briefly woke me up. I was down to breakfast by about 7:15 on Monday morning, which was a good time because it was not too busy yet. I enjoyed this breakfast, and they had a nice selection of hot and cold items, like eggs, sausage, pastries, waffles, muffins, and more. I also enjoyed the hot and strong coffee and free USA Today newspaper. I had a very nice breakfast here before returning to the water park. Unfortunately more storms swept through the area at about 9:45 that morning, so the water park got evacuated, but I was about done by then anyway and just decided to head back to the room to get going. It is nice that check-out is not until 12:00 here, as that gives you a little more time to enjoy the water park the next morning. It was about 11:00 by the time I checked out, and this was a nice metropolitan location between the Badlands, all the Black Hills destinations, and Deadwood. I had a pretty nice stay here, and I would return. I did wish the water park admission was slightly less for being a guest in one of the hotels, but it was not too outrageous either. I would recommend this property for staying in Rapid City.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
DeLana G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Mark E.,
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking some time to tell us about your time with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the majority of your stay. We will discuss the importance of complete and consistent information at check-in with our front desk, and share your feedback to remind them of why these things are so important.
We have bathroom mats in all of our restrooms, for safety reasons. We want to provide those that prefer an extra anti-slip surface the ability to use them. I apologize if the smell of the mat was off putting, we do put these in the washers to ensure they get cleaned, and the high temps, may have something to do with this.
Thank you again for your time and for choosing us!

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the end of June for two days. Kids loved the waterpark a little bit on the expensive side but it’s the summer so it’s understandable. Rooms were ok. Clean. Check in went well. Front desk staff are super friendly if you ever stay. I think it was Josh and Jeremy I talked to the first night and Ashley the second night. Very knowledgeable about the area and friendly. I didn’t partake in the breakfast though. Overall amazing stay!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed July 15, 2018

We use Marriott a lot and I'm usually not to keen on staying at Fairfield Inn's- can be sketchy. We rolled in at midnight and left the next morning for Mt Rushmore. Breakfast was average- everything else was as expected. Most importantly- it was clean, so worth a quick stay if you need one.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2018

We stayed for several nights this month at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City in June (2018). We did Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park one day and then went to Badlands Park the next. We had a great experience at this hotel. The breakfast was nice and there was a terrific woman named Marci who kept it stocked and walked table to table helping people with a huge smile. The room was spacious and we enjoyed the clean hotel attached to a water park. That might be the only drawback was the extra charge for the water park. But guests all got complimentary hot tub passes ( which was very large) but the park ( literally attached ) was extra.

Room Tip: We preferred an upper floor as first floor has a lot of water park traffic
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
DeLana G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

PartyofFour,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent adventures in the BlackHills and Badlands! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and we will be sure to let Marci know you mentioned her! We are very lucky to have an amazing staff here, and we are glad to hear you think so too.
We look foreward to seeing you again in the future!
Liv Well,

Reviewed July 11, 2018

The hotel offers a room for family with quite a reasonable price. The service was good, and our room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. We traveled with two teenagers and shared the same room. The boys got the sofa-bed and the edge of the bed was almost so close to the nearby furniture, left a very little space for us to walk between our bed and the bathroom. We also find difficult to use the table as the chair cannot be placed properly... Apart from that, overall experience with the hotel was good: nice staff, good breakfast, high-quality cleaning.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dian H,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for providing your honest feedback. We are hopeful that our remodel will help us address some of the space issues we currently have in some of the rooms. We hope that we will see you again, the next time you are in the area!