See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Never have a been to a more run downed hotel in my life. Got into our room after driving all day to find bugs all over our room. Went to the front desk and there were cockroaches everywhere. Was talking to another couple and they said the same exact thing. Couldn't even stay in the hotel had to get our money back and move to another. I've stayed in a motel 6 before but this one is the worst I've ever seen.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I decided a motel would be a great idea for my trip through South Dakota, my mistake was choosing motel 6. My first room was filthy, there were flies buzzing around and the air conditioner was so loud I asked to be moved.

The lady on reception looked at me as if it was my fault the room was a disgrace but moved me anyway, to a room which still had flies, dirty bed and towels, but at least had a quieter fan, which was important as I needed a rest after a long day.

Also, don't expect any leeway when checking in, it's post 3PM or nothing.

All an all, I didn't expect much and had low expectations, but even so, I was still disappointed.

Which is a shame because I stayed in a motel 6 in Texas once and I seem to remember it being fine.

2  Thank WolfyManUK
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Dear Wolfy Man, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Didn't even make it into the room. Rude staff, door looked like it was kicked in and replaced. Dingy, nasty place and overpriced. Also they give all occupants names to the police, very classy. Wouldn't stay if it was free.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric H

Dear Eric, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the safety concern you describe. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

The room for one person was over a hundred-twenty dollars and still had to pay an extra 2.99 for WiFi. And you can only have one device at a time connected. No microwave, no refrigerator, no breakfast basically nothing but a bed. If on the second floor, be prepared to carry your bags a long distance. Only one stairway in the center.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Kuyals, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

Place was packed with people July 1-3, but that is not the "fault" of any registered guest. Irritating as all get-out that even though there were two adjacent ice machines, only one worked at all, and that one was often "out" for an hour or more. Nice to learn this after a long walk from a second story room, and in the night heat. Front desk people had little to say about it, especially not that they were regretful.

There is a Wal-Mart, and Golden Corral, close by which helped. Morning coffee--the only amenity Motel 6 provides-- was adequate.

1  Thank Quaker0ats