See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I arrived at the hotel to find out our room had been changed to 2 double beds instead of 2 queen beds. Was told there was nothing they could do about it. The air conditioning didn't work. We had to pay for wifi which never worked even after we paid. The glass on the shower stall was so full of scum u could draw a picture in it. Bought comet and a scouring pad to clean it myself. Took over twenty minutes to do it. The room was never cleaned properly everyday we were there. Place was a dump. Has gone down hill over the past several years since I had gone there last. Don't go there. I wouldn't let a stray dog with mange stay there. Disgusting

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2017

The facility is terribly run down:. The air conditioning unit did not work ( it was over 90 that evening),. They brought a fan that did rotate, the bathroom had major water damage so it was difficult to tell if it was clean, the flooring was damaged and dirty and the beds had the WORSE mattresses that were broken down edges, made broken spring noises and sagged.

Room Tip: Avoid .... Almost as bad as sleeping under a bridge.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2017

The office he[p was ok there was no shampoo,not enough soap, small beatles were crawline all over the floor, I pulled back the bedding and ther were a couple of ants on the bed,then we had to pay for wifi for 2 people for 2 nites rediculas Then when we came back for the nite one bed was made and on wasn't.and no clean towels .Seems like it was run by infants.
Rapid city SD.Latrobe av Room 103

Tom Stalpes

Room Tip: find one without bugs
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Never have a been to a more run downed hotel in my life. Got into our room after driving all day to find bugs all over our room. Went to the front desk and there were cockroaches everywhere. Was talking to another couple and they said the same exact thing. Couldn't even stay in the hotel had to get our money back and move to another. I've stayed in a motel 6 before but this one is the worst I've ever seen.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I decided a motel would be a great idea for my trip through South Dakota, my mistake was choosing motel 6. My first room was filthy, there were flies buzzing around and the air conditioner was so loud I asked to be moved.

The lady on reception looked at me as if it was my fault the room was a disgrace but moved me anyway, to a room which still had flies, dirty bed and towels, but at least had a quieter fan, which was important as I needed a rest after a long day.

Also, don't expect any leeway when checking in, it's post 3PM or nothing.

All an all, I didn't expect much and had low expectations, but even so, I was still disappointed.

Which is a shame because I stayed in a motel 6 in Texas once and I seem to remember it being fine.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank WolfyManUK
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Dear Wolfy Man, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.