All reviews enigma restaurant caravan tour railroad tracks hotel is centrally located buffet breakfast bus tour within easy walking distance downtown area bathroom door restaurants and bars corner room south dakota fresh fruit black hills oatmeal stayed two nights comfortable beds
Reviewed October 16, 2018

My wife and I were part of a tour group and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Very nice décor in the large lobby. Rooms were spacious and the bedding was comfortable. The buffet breakfast was very good--many varieties available to choose from. Good downtown location. Hotel reception was very good; front desk staff were knowledgeable and helpful. Overall, a very good stay here.

2  Thank Les F
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you for the compliments. We love hearing from our guests, and we're happy to hear you had a pleasant experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. Your feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on our visit to Mt Rushmore. Very clean rooms and a very friendly staff. Location was ideal as far as restaurants and local sites. Nice little restaurant and bar area for you to enjoy..good stop

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 622JimT

It's always gratifying to hear from satisfied guests that we're doing our job of making you feel welcome, comfortable and important. We hope the rest of your vacation was equally as enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

This motel is right downtown and within walking distance to everything. Desk clerks are nice, very clean, updated rooms with updated design. Beds are super. They have a hotel shuttle to and from airport. Stayed two nights. Enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: Close to downtown where each intersection has a presidential statue.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We especially appreciate the five-star rating. As an independent hotel, we rely on guest feedback to maintain a competitive ranking against brand names and new properties within our market. Thanks for helping us spread the word!

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Booked by our tour company, we stayed 2 nights in a Deluxe room. Overall the room was roomy, the bed comfortable and the bathroom quite good. Unfortunately the desk chair was very stained and very unappealing.

We had drinks in the bar area, which on the first night (Sunday) had only one section available. The service was okay – not great, not terrible, just okay.

Breakfasts in the dining room were also “okay”.

The hotel’s location is excellent, within easy walking distance of everything in town. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

I apologize that your stay was less than perfect. We work very hard to ensure our guests have an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, it sounds like we dropped the ball during your stay. I do hope that you let our staff know about the desk chair so we had an opportunity to replace it. I have also reminded our management team that having a guest tell us our service and food is just "okay" is almost as bad as saying it's terrible. Our goal is to "Wow" our guests each and every time they visit, so I hope your experience serves as a reminder that we need to do better.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

The Rushmore Hotel and Suites is one of the hotels I frequent when I visit Rapid City. Every room and stay has been a little different.
It feels like the hotel has an identity crisis. Some of the decor is very traditional and some is funky and modern. Personally, I like it. It makes me smile. I enjoy the funky decor and variety.

I used to be able to rely on a good value: nice, clean comfortable rooms and breakfast. Complimentary breakfast has been discontinued.
Rates have gone up.

Pros:
Staff has always been kind and cheerful.
Clean and comfortable.
Unique decor.
Nice bar area.
Convenient downtown location.

Cons:
Gets loud at times with nightclub activity and poor sound proofing.
No complimentary breakfast.
No standard fridge/microwave.
Door was really hard to shut.

I was a little frustrated during my last stay. I was there for a work event. I booked a second night so I could enjoy the Black Hills.
A family crisis happened back home and the hotel wouldn’t allow me to have a late checkout after my work was complete a few hours after regular check out time.

I will continue to stay here for business but likely find other accommodations for leisure.

Date of stay: October 2018
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

I am happy to hear you enjoy the "funky decor and variety" of our rooms. We do have a variety of room types -- from Deluxe, which are more traditional and lowest priced -- to Eco-Platinum, Dakota and Presidential Kings. We also offer complimentary upgrades when possible, so some of your stays may have been in an upgraded room at no additional charge.

I understand how frustrating it can be with changing rates but we are a seasonal hotel and that's what we base our rates on. We do allow late checkouts, either at no charge or at a minimal fee depending on occupancy and availability.

While I am not aware of what discounts you may have used during past stays, our standard rate has remained the same for many years.