All reviews country kitchen big slide hot tub biscuits and gravy waffles breakfast area one night stay nice pool fitness room a great stay nice breakfast free breakfast rapid city parking lot rooms are clean convenient location staff was very friendly
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Had a great stay at Dakotah Lodge. Great place to bring your kids. Swimming pool is very clean, the rooms as well. What a great atmosphere. Becki is great and is very friendly. Along with the other staff. 2 thumbs up for me. Will definitely return. PS they have some arcade games which is pretty cool

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
47frontdesk, Owner at Dakotah Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2018

Thank you for leaving the great review. Our staff is exceptional at keeping everything top notch. We look forward to having you as our guest any time that you are in our area.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

The staff was incredibly nice but the bathrooms were WAY too small, the lack of outlets left us unplugging their clocks,lamps etc...just to charge our phones & it was not new beds or newly renovated. We rolled to the middle of our bed because it was old & flattened, the carpet in our room was ripped, and unless you are staying alone there was no room in that bathroom for 1 person much less 5 or 6. If we had been there any longer than overnight we couldn't have made it work. The lack of lighting in the room makes it impossible to see anything by the door, which seems like NBD but when you are trying to pack or find something in your suitcase and its on the rack by the door where there is no lights it becomes an inconvenience each time you are there.
My kids were so excited about the pool, and is one of the main reasons I booked this hotel, and I did not care for the fact that an employee was going around the outside of the pool adding chemicals to the water just 2 feet from where my 2 year old was jumping in & playing. I also don't understand why they chose to close the slide randomly. A huge wave of guests had just shown up and my son went down, and went to go again and it was closed. There were a lot of frustrated kids.
Also we had just walked into our room and sat down our things when my 2 year old walked up and handed me some sort of pill she found on the floor. Thank heavens she didn't put it in her mouth but how poorly do you clean when my daughter found it 10 seconds into arriving.
I appreciate that this is a tough business, but there was not enough good things for me to stay again. I expect more out of my stay for the same price as a chain hotel.
I appreciate the kind staff and large breakfast but unfortunately we won't be back.

Room Tip: Clean better, do a FULL renovation
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. It definitely helps up become better. We are in the process of updating all of the rooms in the hotel, it is a process. The slide in our pool area is closed for 10 minutes every hour so that our pool attendant may pick up garbage, replace pool towels, check the bathroom, get some air, etc. Any chemical that would be added while swimmers were present would be completely safe. Sometimes when large groups are present the chemicals need adjusting. We have passed on a copy of your review to our housekeeping staff for their weekly meeting. We appreciate the compliment on our staff they do work hard to make our guests stay enjoyable.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this location for a fun get-away with the kids. The pool was perfect for my 5, 6, & 12 year olds. The hot tub was nice & the slide was a blast. The kids loved it! Unfortunately, within minutes of being in the pool area all of us started choking, coughing, & became nauseous. We had to take breaks and go outside. Which p.s they have an adorable outside area with a fireplace that turns on by a knob. Loved it! Back to the subject of the pool area.. I don’t know what was going on but it was so bad that I planned to take my kids to the walk in clinic immediately after check out. When we were out of the pool area the coughing and short breath faint feeling went away. So we didn’t go to the clinic. This needs to be looked into before someone with abnormal health issues goes in there and has complications.

Next the breakfast was the worst breakfast I have ever been to. It is free so that was nice but I would have rather paid to eat at a restaurant. The eggs, gravy, apple juice, orange juice, & 2 other pans were empty. I had to tell the staff because they weren’t paying attention. Instead they were talking about who gets to take the newspaper home that day?
Anyways, the eggs, biscuits, & gravy were cold once they were filled. I mentioned it to the two rude kitchen staff and they YELLED “yeah, well they need to heat up for twenty minutes” (so they cook in the pans they are served it) sorry, I didn’t know.
This is getting long so I’m going to shorten it up. My son went to take a bite of his toast and I had to reach across the table and grab it out of his hand because it was moldy. I brought it to the desk and discussed this because I knew the kitchen staff didn’t care about the customer service aspect in hospitality. Front desk was great! Super great! no compensation for these issues was offered which sucked but at least I got an “I’m sorry”.

Lastly, thank you for the stay. I hope these issues are taken into account so we can come stay again in a safe and hospitable hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

We do apologize for your unsatisfactory visit. We did a complete check of our vent system in the pool area and made some adjustments. We had the vent company come out and they did a follow up and gave us the all clear. As for the breakfast experience, it sounds like it went from bad to worse. There is no excuse for staff with bad attitudes or rudeness to our guests. The meeting regarding this went a long time. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave your feedback. Good or bad, we use it to better ourselves.

Reviewed May 19, 2018

The hallways were a less than desirable. Carpeting and trim was pulled away from walls. The general smell was musty in common areas. Our room was clean minus the coffee pot system still having the previous occupant bag - didn't get cleaned. Was nice to have a shuttle to the Sanford Center. The driver receives kudos for putting up with the drunkenness of the concert goers and their racist immature shenanigans on the way back to hotel. Check out was simple. Too many kids in the hot tub to enjoy any relax time as an adult, but understanding that the pool area is geared towards family and kids. Front desk staff was very cordial.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

We were appalled to find the carpet situation left undone in the hallway as guests were arriving. Our maintenance staff sure fell short on this task. Our shuttle driver does do an excellent job for us. Regulating the hot tub is always a challenge but thank you for recognizing the family aspect of our facility. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

My room was very clean, very comfortable, and modern. Will definitely be staying here again next time i'm in Sioux Falls. Have recommended my co-workers also stay there on their business trips. Breakfast was pretty good as well.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
47frontdesk, Owner at Dakotah Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.