“Rodeways are all the same....YUCK”
Review of Red Rock Inn

Red Rock Inn
Ranked #49 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed 21 August 2011

It seems to me that ALL Rodeways have pools, but NONE of them work. My family & I called the Sioux Falls Rodeway & asked if they had a pool, the lady on the phone said YES, but never said it was out of order. When we got there, a sign was hanging up that said "POOL OUT OF ORDER". We weren't too thrilled, but we drove 400 miles that day so we were tired & just wanted to rest.

The building was old and run-down, with paint chipping off the walls and pieces of trim missing. No maintenance or repairs were visible. The beds were rock hard and we had to walk downstairs to the OTHER side of the building to get ice. We had 2 rooms, and one had a fridge & microwave, one didn't. The curtains in one room were so moth-eaten, it didn't help much to close them.

On the up side, the breakfast was great (hot waffles) and the AC worked great. I don't think I'd stay there again, though.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kaos9911
There are newer reviews for Red Rock Inn

Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights with our 2 dogs recently. I wasn't expecting much as my hubby had stayed here before and said it was good for what he needed but definately not the Ritz. We arrived and the desk clerk with the dyed blonde hair (young gal) asked me what our rate was online......I told her and she got really confused and quoted me something to the effect that I couldn't possibly be right and she'd have to charge me the going rate as she couldn't possibly offer me the rate I got online........mind you I made the reservations online......got out my own netbook and checked my rate. When I asked her what price she was showing it was the same as mine.........not sure what she was talking about but we did get it for the online rate so problem solved. Was a little worried after reading the reviews on here. I must say, we were given room 201, our A/C worked good and it was HOT here during our stay, could have used a fan to blow the cool air around the room but it worked--I do know that not all the rooms were so fortunate. She gave us a room at the very end of the hall with no one under us, we were over the drive through in the front of the hotel and with dogs that was a bonus, no noise from under us!! Our bathroom was HUGE and clean as was our room, sure the wallpaper was peeling and the carpet was snagged and stained in a few areas but our room was a smoking room and we had NO smoke smell at all. The beds were comfy, refrigerator worked well as did the microwave. The pool and hot tub weren't functioning, would have been nice but I was prepared that it wasn't. The breakfast was adequate, waffles, fruit, limited cereal, milk, oj, apple juice, coffee, bagels, english muffins, donuts, toast.........not grand but worked for breakfast. For those complaining about things, you do get what you pay for, if you want fancy schmancy the you should have gone across the street to the fancier hotels or heck even directly behind this was a Comfort Inn. The location is convenient as well. I would stay again and would request this room as it worked for us and our dogs.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2011

What a dump! We reserved a non-smoking room and were told all they had left were smoking rooms. The rooms stunk and my kids had to sleep in it all night. The floors were filthy, wallpaper peeling off of the walls, unable to set the alarm clock to the correct time and no high speed internet as advertised. The pool was still "closed for maintenance" What a scam. I've never stayed in such a terrible place and actually had to pay for this! Never again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Yamaguchi_11
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This was probably the worst hotel my wfe and I have stayed at in at least ten years. The parking lot still has huge craters as described in previous reviews from one or two years ago, with long scrape marks from cars bottomig out. The pool was still closed for "maintenance". Evidently the repair parts must have been on back order for last few years. The wall paper is still peeling in the rooms and the carpeting is still filthy and stinky. Our room had a huge red stain - wine?? -- blood maybe? There was no bath tub, just a small shower stall about as big as a phone booth. The bed was extremely uncomfortable with flat sheets instead of fitted sheets over the mattress that rolled up in a ball by morning. There was lots of traffic noise on the adjacent streets, sort of like a drag strip only with loud music. When we went for breakfast in the morning, there wasn't any waffle batter made and when we asked about it we were told that they didn't make any because they were all out of large styrofoam plates. I could dismiss some of these faults since it is a low cost stay, but when we travel all we want is a clean rom and a comfortable bed. Evidently this was too much to ask for at this Rodeway Inn. P.S. - we complained to Choice Hotels and will be getting our money refunded. I have learned my lesson and from now on I will read hotel reviews on Trip Adviser before booking. I also can't understand how anyone could give this dump a four star rating - I'd give it a big zero!

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go someplace else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank connlion
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The lady at the front desk was far from professional. The hotel stunk, the rooms were awful, the paper was pealing off the walls, the bathroom was gross. The carpet was so filthy that I would have never taken my shoes off. It had more stains on it that the carpet in our barn! I would have much rather slept in a barn. We tried to turn on the heat and had to shut it off as it stunk. There were wood chips under the pillows, which the front desk person told me was just from the head board!! HELLO!! We left and went to a different hotel. We felt like we were in the hilton instead of the slums. The place needs to be tore down!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angie1988
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Sioux Falls recently and found it to be a very good value. It is about a "1 star" type of hotel that offers basic value. We wanted a clean room with comfortable beds and enough towels. We got all that and more. Everything in the room worked as it should. There was a TV, small fridge, microwave in the room. The A/C worked as advertised and it was a comfortable place to stay. There was a couple old stains in the carpet but other than that it was very clean and neat.
The common areas are nothing to write home about, but if you need a place to stay for the night it is a good choice. The pool was "closed for maintenance" and appeared it had been so for a while. There was plenty of ice available just down the hall and a couple of vending machines if you got an attack of the munchies." We would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We stayed here during my wife's USF graduation weekend due to its cheap rates and great location. however, the pool was "shut down for maintenance (translation= broken-down)," the rooms were falling apart (peeling wallpaper and soiled carpets), and the mattresses were worn out. While a continental breakfast was offered, the customer service was non-existant (limited and impolite staff). i also left an iPod in a dresser and called back to inquire about it only to hear "It's probably stolen by now" later that evening. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family