All reviews pool area attached restaurant front desk big hotel eat free kids really enjoyed comfortable beds family vacation nice facility the hotel staff enjoyable stay a great place to stay three nights black hills parking lot rapid city night stay
Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

Everything about this Holiday Inn got an
A+ rating from us. Kim at the front desk checked us in always smiling. Gave us directions to the car wash plus other information. Our trip to Luckys pub was very good. The bartender/waiter was friendly and helpful and the food and drinks were very good. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2015

Dear Betty S-

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your stay with us. We are truly thankful you chose to stay with us and hope you visit us again the next time you visit our area. We appreciate your great review and I'll be sure to pass this along to our entire staff.

Reviewed August 16, 2015

I stayed here the week after the Sturgis rally, so pickings were kinda slim. I'll take a decent hotel like a Holiday Inn if the price is right, and it happened to be thankfully. This is a much larger hotel than you might think for a city the size of Spearfish as it's connected to the city's convention center.

This hotel like many others in the area has its 80s-era indoor pool, which for me is quaint and reminds me of traveling with my folks when i was a kid. It might seem slightly outdated on its face, but I enjoyed it. And the fact that you can get pool-facing rooms is pretty cool.

Slightly outdated but still can be a good bargain. I imagine especially in the winter. Nice summer stay too!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2015

Dear Pat B-

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed virtually everything about your stay with us and I hope you ill come see us again very soon. Thank you for your business and kind words.

Reviewed August 16, 2015 via mobile

After a failed stay at the Spearfish Canyon Lodge (see review) we were left to find a room somewhere (anywhere) at the last minute. My wife was running a marathon in the Spearfish area and so, after a 5 hour flight and a 6 hour drive we just showed up on this property's front doorstep. The staff was PHENOMENAL. We were greeted by friendly, sypathetic staff who immediately got us settled and answered all our questions. Our room was spacious and clean and since the hotel sits on top of a hill away from the roadways it was very quiet. Best part was the property is within easy driving distance from many major attractions, restaurants and stores. The Lucky 13 pub attached to the restaurant has fantastic waitstaff, but the food is average (coffee terrible) hence the one point deduction. Even withe the minor negative I would not hesitate to stay at this property the next time my family and I are passing through. (If you do stay here, you MUST grab a burger at Culver's at the base of the hill below this property).

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Dear AJ L-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words and feedback with us. I'm glad our staff was top notch in your eyes and we were able to meet your needs after a difficult day of traveling. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to see you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2015

We stay at this property every year during the Sturgis Race and Rally. It never ceases to amaze us the great job that Kirsten and the staff do during this busiest time of year. They are the main reason we look forward to staying here every year!
Don't forget to go into the Pub for popcorn and say hello to Danica.
Thanks everyone.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Ed V-

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a great review! Your kind words are sincerely appreciated and I'll be sure to pass this along to our entire staff including Kirsten and Danica. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed August 6, 2015

We were traveling by motorcycle through South Dakota as part of our annual trip to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. We stopped for one night in Spearfish, on our way to Wyoming for two days. We have stayed here twice before which is why we chose it again. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite. Nice! The king bed was absolutely dreamy. I didn't want to get up in the morning!

Room Tip: Our pool was facing the pool but, because the pool was on the other side of the recreation area, the noise didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Eric S, Director of Marketing at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2015

Dear RitaMpls-

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again this year during your annual trip! It means a lot to us that you continue to stay with us year in and year out and that you take the time to review our property. I'm glad we were able to upgrade you to a king suite and you found our beds to be dreamy. Thank you again for the kind words and we certainly appreciate your business.