“Great stay”

Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here and utilized the conference rooms and bar. They were very friendly at the counter and room was adequate and clean. Large indoor pool and mutiple hot tubs. We ate supper amd breakfast in the bar and cont complain at all there! We were able to ride the hills and enjoy our stay here. Would stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Eric S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear kenny m-

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you come see us again soon. When you do, please let us know what we can do to earn that fifth star as these reviews are very important to us.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Conference Center in Spearfish, SD on Oct. 9, 2017. We were assigned a room that apparently was remodeled but the bathroom was very old, inconvenient and just plain weird. The bathroom had the sink outside the door of the room that housed the tub/shower with a counter with a mirror for shaving, etc. There was no fan in the shower room so when you showered the mirror was covered in fog! There is a nice restaurant/bar but be sure to ask for a room nearby. There is a very, very long walk from some rooms!

Room Tip: Far East end room was 1960-1970 style bathroom. Weird.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Eric S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear JoAnn K-

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking time to give us a review. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the layout of our bathrooms and hotel. We do have sinks outside of the main bathroom as we've found our guests generally like the concept of using the sink while other members of their family are able to use the main bathroom. We do have fans in all of our bathrooms, however they are running constantly and there isn't an off/on switch. We will look into your room and make sure it is working properly. Thank you for your business and valuable feedback, please come see us again.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We booked a king room for four days in September. When we got there we were told they had given our room away. I had booked the room a month before our visit and we arrived at about six p.m. It was not a busy travel time, so it didn't make sense. We were given a room with no windows to the outside that looked at a pop machine on the second floor. It had hallways on three sides and was directly across from a housekeeping closet and a stairwell to downstairs on two ends of our room. The housekeeping door banged open and closed from 8 am to noon each day. At night light came in from the hallway because the curtains didn't close properly and the windows to the hallway were lit up. It was really bright at night. The toilet ran for five or six minutes each time you flushed. It was noisy and weird being in a room with no windows. I went to the front desk and complained after our first night but the woman rolled her eyes at me. I didn't get anywhere. We checked out early. This was not a normal Holiday Inn experience at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window to the outside
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Eric S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear NStravellers71-

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to give us your feedback. I sincerely apologize for experience you had throughout your stay. We take all our reviews, both negative and positive, very seriously and I can assure you we will discuss this as a team to make sure we are doing everything we can to make our guests' stay as comfortable and pleasing as possible. We typically get high marks across the board, so when we don't we take a hard look at mistakes made and those involved so we can work together to improve. Thank you for your feedback, we honestly and truly appreciate it and hope you'll return to stay with us in the future and get the five star experience we strive to give every one of our guests.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Everything you'd expect from a Holiday Inn with great service. I thought everything was very clean and well kept. The small breezeway/atrium area was really nice getaway within the hotel even in the fall season. I'm sure it's even better in the summer!

Room Tip: Tthe pool area with poolside rooms looked fun & safe for families.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear travelusa_11-

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking time to review our property. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit while experiencing clean rooms, great service and our beautiful courtyard. We truly value your business and kind words, come stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night with a pet. Check in went smooth and easy. Went to the room and found a plastic cup 3/4 full of what looked to be beer sitting on top of the a/c unit. I tried to call the front desk and the phone had no dial tone so had to walk all the way back to the front desk. I spoke with the desk clerk who came back to the room and removed the cup. She offered to move me to another room but I decided to stay bad choice. Turned on the a/c unit but turned it off after a few minutes reason being I started to get itchy. It is a pet room and either the filter had cat dander or the bedding did. I was too tired to switch rooms so spent the night in clothes using towels instead of the bed linens. Also since the cup was left in the room started to think maybe the rest wasn't cleaned well.

The upside the clerk did give us a discount on the room and was very courteous.

The pool area was very dimly lit not sure why. Did not use the pool but saying it was usual.

Overall not sure if I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Eric S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Kono H-

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I'd like to offer my sincerest apology for the cleanliness of your room. Cleanliness and customer service are our top priorities at this hotel and I'm very disappointed we let you down. I can assure you we will discuss this with our housekeeping staff to make sure these mistakes are not made in the future. We truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope you'll come back to see us again and get the five tar experience you and every guest deserves.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We arrived really early for our reservation. No problem. A room was ready and we were checked in without any problems.
Unusual for most Holiday Inn's, they had complimentary personal items at the front desk.
Had breakfast at their restaurant and had a great meal. Coffee by the pot full.
Thank you to all who assisted us. We had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tess1951
Eric S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Tess1951-

Thank you so much for choosing us to be your hotel and for taking the time to give us a great review. I'm happy to read you enjoyed the check-in process, your breakfast and our friendly staff. We truly appreciate your business and kind words.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

A friend and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and were extremely impressed with the staff of the hotel. Kirsten went above and beyond in recommendations for local restaurants and walking paths. She even went as far as to personally deliver ice for an ice bath after our marathon so that we wouldn't have to make repeat trips to the ice machine. In addition to the wonderful staff, the rooms were clean and comfortable. I would definitely choose to stay at this hotel should I make the trip to Spearfish SD again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Eric S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear TheMason6-

Thank you so much for choosing us to be your hotel and for taking the time to give us a great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. I'll make sure Kirsten knows you mentioned her in this review. We expect our staff to go above and beyond and I'm glad Kirsten was able to make you feel like a valued guest. Thank you again for your business and kind words. Please come see us again soon.

Director of Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spearfish
Hampton Inn Spearfish
Travelodge Spearfish
#7 of 14 in Spearfish
13.7 km away
Deadwood Mountain Grand Hotel, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Spearfish - Convention Center? Share your experiences!