“Great local place!”

Best Western Black Hills Lodge
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Thought I'd reviewed this Hotel before, but I guess I didn't. I was there last June for a Camaro Rally in Sturgis. I spent 4 days here, had a great time. Staff was very friendly, a very clean Hotel. I walked to downtown Spearfish, little bit of a walk, but not bad. I had driven over 4000 miles in 8 days on this trip, was nice to have a relaxing place in the middle of the trip. My room had a door right to the parking lot so I could keep an eye on my Camaro.

Room Tip: My room opened up to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Bill C, Owner at Best Western Black Hills Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Bill M, thank you for staying at my hotel in Spearfish, and for writing a nice review. very proud of the staff there as they do an excellent job in all areas. From the bartenders in the lounge, to housekeepers, to breakfast attendants, front desk staff, and manager. They are a great team! Please come back and see us again when in the Black Hills.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a great place to lay your head while you are in the hills. Nothing fancy but has clean comfortable rooms, is right off the interstate, and great staff that are always friendly & accommodating! We stay here often when we visit our daughter at BHSU and recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bill C, Owner at Best Western Black Hills Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

kellybI3506TK, Thank you for making us your home-base while visiting your daughter at the University. I'm glad to hear that you feel accommodated and comfortable during your stay! Hoping for a great school year for your daughter!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I came in at 9p and left again by 8a, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Evening shift was very excited that I would be able to enjoy the remodeled rooms... I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 9 years and did notice a nice remodel job...I felt the carpet could be cleaner but overall the room was clean. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

williamaU6245DG,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our new rooms, though we will make note of the carpet and attend to that--thank you for letting us know. Thank you for continuing to stay with us over the years!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times while traveling. Very clean and comfortable with friendly staff and it is a pet friendly hotel. I plan a leg of my trip heading west to stay at this hotel. Small place in a quiet area. I usually travel off season so reservations are not an issue which I make the day of intended stop.

arthurmA9609RV,
Thank you for continuing to come back and stay with us during your travels, we appreciate your patronage! Safe travels to you this fall!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Since we are reward members, when we travel we prefer to stay in Best Western hotels. This on, although one of the smaller ones, was very comfortable and the few staff members we interacted with were very hospitable and professional. There was a full service restaurant just a few steps away which wa s a plus. The breakfast menu could be expanded as there wasn’t much of a selection.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bill C, Owner at Best Western Black Hills Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

T864DHcaroleh,
First, thank you for being a Best Western Rewards member! It sounds like you are loyal to the Best Western Brand and we appreciate you staying with us because of that! I was glad to hear that the service you received met your expectations and you were able to take advantage of the family diner next door. We'd love to see you back if you're ever in the Black Hills area again!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Very nice rooms, Bar could use some more options, only served beer and wine. very nice experience. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Very friendly staff and the room had a Jacuzzi tub!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

207chrisz,
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear that you found our newly remodeled rooms to be comfortable for your stay. The Lookout Lounge is only licensed for beer and wine and so we do try to stock with a good variety of local and popular brews. Thank you for telling your friends and family about us! See you next time!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Beautiful city, nice friendly staff in a clean restful room. Breakfast was excellent , would recommend this hotel to anyone.Convenient location, near downtown businesses but quiet. Will stay here again if in area.

B1094WOmaryp,
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Black Hills. It sounds like your stay exceeded your expectations, and we appreciate you sharing that with us! Please come back and see us again during your next Black Hills adventure!