“Not the best”

Baymont Inn & Suites Spearfish
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Not the greatest. The best part of the trip was the very nice lady that was on shift Saturday and Sunday morning. Very helpful. They need to update motel big time.
If you are wanting a high end motel this one is just not for you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This hotel was recently remodeled after being closed for over 1 year. This wasn't evident in the room I was issued. The hotel staff were admittedly new and the cleaning staff was poor, maybe not very well trained or unmotivated.I would recommend this hotel only if the price was close to the cheapest in the area and sometimes it is.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

we had no tv for our stay staff was going to fix but never did ,rooms were nice and clean just needed updating

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The price drew us in, that's when the problems started. Was told there were fridges in the rooms by the time we would check in, there were not. The check in lady was great Kat I believe but she was helping out from Hampton Inn, she didn't even work there. The room my friend stayed in was dirty, got a new room and the key didn't work. The couple next door to us had the same issue. The 2nd day I got locked out of the room and the front desk manager left me in the hallway for 20 mins before I put a shoulder into the door and it popped open. Terrible customer service!! I guess he was just hired and quit the day the morning we left. The ladies at the front desk didn't speak English very well and were not at all very nice or friendly. Rooms were never cleaned after two days and had to grab new towels myself from the pool area. However the breakfast was fine, the bed was large and comfortable. Everything is dated and older but nothing in my room was broke. I wouldn't stay here again. No jets in the hot tub, pool was fine.

Room Tip: Honestly I wouldn't risk it. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Prices were up for an event being held in nearby Deadwood, so I chanced upon the Baymont Inn and Suites, which was also expensive for what it offered. In short, my first room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. When I returned to the desk for another room the young woman, of the family that runs the hotel, argued with me by asking, "Wasn't it clean? Did they not (air) spray it?" She made it into a big deal to refund the first room and start the check in process over again for the second room, which should not have been necessary. The second room did not smell, but was equally worn and outdated. In the morning, other customers sat at breakfast complaining that their TVs did not work, etc. I paid more to stay here than I did for a much nicer hotel in Rapid City, the following night. Definitely not worth the price.

Room Tip: Avoid this place altogether.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This hotel is a joke. Will not stay here ever again. The rooms were not clean and not in proper working order. They need to shut it down until it is renovated and up to better standards. The hot tub has been out of order for more then a month according to an employee.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Spearfish hotels
1.4 km away
The Crow Peak Lodge
#12 of 14 in Spearfish
1.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Spearfish

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Spearfish? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites Spearfish

Address: 323 S 27th St, Spearfish, SD 57783-3223 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Spearfish)
Region: United States > South Dakota > Spearfish
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
Price Range: $67 - $417 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites Spearfish 2*
The Baymont Inn & Suites Spearfish has a strong mission to provide it's guests with a home away from home. We promise to deliver the best and most sincere service while you relax and enjoy your time in either your room, our indoor-heated pool, hot tub, arcade, lobby. We provide free WiFi, continental breakfast, and parking. We are looking forward to having you stay with us on your next visit! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Spearfish reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Spearfish