“Just to see if it was still great”
Review of EL Idolo

EL Idolo
Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Bartlett
Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

Heard a couple of mixed reviews about cleanliness and food quality, and I knew from first hand experience that those reports couldn't be true.

Firstly, this os an older building and it appears a bit dark with carpets that appear dingy. I looked around today at lunch and could find nothing dirty or needing attention. The service was ultra-friendly, the atmosphere was nice, the seating was comfortable, the parking ample, access was easy.

I had my favorite enchiladas rancheras and my wife had a lunch special. My plate was filled to overflowing with the best pork and special sauce I have ever had. I took half of my order home.

Salad and guacamole was good, cheese was fresh, the waiter was eager to please. We have been coming here since it opened and I must say, it is just as good as it ever was.

3  Thank mjlarivi

Reviewed October 17, 2016

The food is excellent and they have good service. I have tried several dishes and all have been well done. Their pricing is very reasonable. On our first visit the owner told us that if there was something we wanted that was not on the menu, to let him know and they would do all they could to accommodate.

3  Thank Mike B
Reviewed September 29, 2016

El Idolo is a good Mexican Restaurant.Better than most of the"cookie cutter" type places. Good is excellent and prices are reasonable. Just be careful when you say "Make it Hot", because they can. It's one of our favorite local places to eat at.

1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed September 29, 2016

We tried the Burrito Loco! Great flavor and you could tell the sauce had been simmering for hours. The menu is full of many things we plan to try in the future. El Idolo is fantastic.

1  Thank thompson32154
Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

Good family restaurant run by a good family. The food is fresh and tasty, and the servings are plentiful! I go there for lunch AND dinner. They will make your meal to your specifications. Ask for the tacos "Mexican style " if you really like authentic!

Been to EL Idolo? Share your experiences!