“Lovely B&B”

Ranked #1 of 2 Brentwood B&B and Inns
Birmingham AL
“Lovely B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We had out of town visitors who wanted to visit both Franklin, TN and Nashville, TN, II chose the Brentwood after looking at the accommodations. It more than met our expectations, and is very convenient. The hosts were delightful and the breakfast was delicious. If you want history, beauty, entertainment, great shopping with a wonderful and convenient place to rest up, this is it.

The Taggarts

Room Tip: We stayed in the Brentwood which has a large deck overlooking a lovely wooded hillside, with a table...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wisteria210

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Do you want a room that is private from the other guests, a bed that has a good mattress, a room that is clean and a breakfast that has 3 courses???? then the Brentwood Bed and Breakfast is the place to stay. We only stayed one night, but would definitely stay there again when visiting Nashville.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy S
carpinteria, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed here while visiting Nashville and had a lovely time. We stayed in the Belle Meade Room and it was fantastic! I am very pregnant and slept wonderfully for the first time in months! The host and hostess were exceptionally helpful and found us a wonderful place for dinner. It was clean and very well kept and I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Belle Meade it was quiet and clean :)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

On our way to Florida, we stopped at Brentwood B&B. It was everything we hoped for, welcoming hosts & warm inviting, comfortable accommodations. We enjoyed tea & cookies & a wonderful breakfast. Host & Hostess went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner. Will stay there again & highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: All rooms looked good!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed here this past weekend and truly enjoyed ourselves. Our room was called "The Nashville", and was comfortable, quiet and everything we would want. The breakfast was a 3-course delicious feast! We definitely recommend it to others and will stay there again as we visit the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

My wife and I spent one night in the Nashville room some time back. I had just finished a rigorous few months studying for some professional examinations, and we wanted a night off. We knew it wasn't the inn's top-shelf room, but we figured that there would be a soft bed and a fantastic breakfast that we didn't have to fix ourselves.

Well, we were wrong.

Never, in all of my days, have I slept on a more uncomfortable bed than the one I endured that night in this inn. I've slept on hide-a-beds, dorm beds, fifty-year-old mattresses, airport benches, and in summer-camp bungalows. None were as hard, as unforgiving, and as downright uncomfortable as the thing in that room masquerading as a bed. If my wife slept at all, she had forgotten about it in the morning.

Breakfast---the other half of what a bed and breakfast is all about---was better, but only marginally. We knew things were off to an inauspicious start when we came down and the landlady turned on Frank Sinatra. I like Sinatra. But as the pleasant vacationing woman at the table with us observed, one turns on Ol' Blue Eyes about the time one picks up the day's first martini, not the day's first cup of coffee. The food itself was thoroughly forgettable: fruit, something with eggs so unremarkable I can't recall it now, and cereal from a box. I eat better than that every morning in my own house.

Otherwise, the stay was simply unremarkable one way or the other. The room was clean, if a tad tired. The landlady was polite, albeit not overwhelmingly pleasant. The linens were passable, but not luxurious. The room had a small tv and vcr, but no dvd player; we discovered that the house copy of "Back to the Future" had been taped off the television, circa 1996. Having commercial breaks in a video was nostalgic and fun, in a way one doesn't at all expect in a room in which one actually paid to stay. None of that's the sort of thing to make one foam at the mouth and call the local authorities. But they're also not the sort of thing that make me want to hand out glowing reviews and recommend the establishment to people. And the bed makes me firmly---no pun intended---resolved never again to darken the place's door.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelFromTennessee
Brentwoodbb, Owner at The Brentwood B&B, responded to this review, 3 September 2011
I am sorry to hear about all of your dislikes a year after you stayed with us. If I had know your concerns, I would have tried to correct what you disliked. We try to please everyone when they walk through our doors. I cannot tell you how many people have asked me if they could take that particular mattress home, so I am upset when you say you did not sleep well. I have to laugh about the one VCR movie that you pulled out of the bookcase that was taped off of the TV. As you probably noticed, we have over 100 movies, all in their store bought cases, except for that one Back to the Future movie. It's one of my favorites and I did not own it, so when it came on the TV, I popped in a tape and you ended up watching it! We don't have any DVD players as we have a VCR library and you can't play a DVD on a VCR.
Some breakfasts are not to everyone's liking and we don't expect everyone to like everything.
We try to place many items on the plates and with a 3 course meal, there is surely something there that people will like. Again, I am sorry that you did not have a nice time and that you find what you are looking for at one of the other fine B&B's in the area.
Thank you. Lisa
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

Lovely room...nice/quiet location...nice 'mountain' views. our room was spacious and clean (although guests have been pretty hard on the chaise lounge in the room) and allowed a relaxing evening and good sleep. Room descriptions and photos on web-site are current and accurate.
Owner is helpful enough...we were surprised to hear her talking to another couple and when asked if she enjoyed running the B&B she said 'no' but it beats going to work everyday...we found that a bit odd to say to a guest, but at least she is very honest (allbeit a bit blunt)
Would be nice if temps could be controlled in each room.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple