“Beautiful Waterfall”

Ruby Falls
Ranked #9 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this thundering 145-foot underground waterfall, a natural wonder within scenic Lookout Mountain.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Very cool waterfall and quite colorful....a bit pricey but we enjoyed the walk to the falls in the cave and had fun taking pictures of it. No need to wear sweatshirts as its warm down there.I am claustrophobic but I did fine with this one as we moved along quickly and it didn't get too narrow.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,259)

Reviewed 9 April 2012

No Doubt Another "touristy" thing to do in Chattanooga but a very unique experience. Great Tour Guide. We all liked it.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is one of the nearby attractions for people living in Atlanta. Falls is located in Chattanooga, TN on the border of Tennessee & Georgia. It’s basically guided tour for group of people. We need to walk through the cave for 1 mile to view the 140 foot water fall, which will be shown with illuminated lights for less than 5 min.
On my personal note, if you have not visited this falls you can do so for one time; it’s really not as attractive as Rock City (which is 5 miles above Ruby Falls)

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Its a tight squeeze and long walk to get to the Waterfall,a lot of people down there on busy days,but the Waterfall is amazing with all the different Lights.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I used to go to Tennessee quite a bit as a child (we are from Indiana), and twice my parents took the family to see Ruby Falls, as well as other attractions in the Chattanooga area. My children are getting a little older now (all school age now), so I decided to take them on a spring break vacation to beautiful Tennessee where we could eaily visit some of the sites I remember LOVING as a child.

Ruby Falls is still absolutely magnificent. Of course, now that I'm older, I enjoy hearing the history of it all and checking out of the cool formations in the cave. As a child I just loved seeing the spectacular waterfall and all of the beautful colors.

We were lucky enough on this trip to be the tour guides only patrons (we got there in time for their first tour), and he was wonderful. He added some humor and let us a take a little extra time walking through the cave. The kids loved it! Even after all of the other sites we visited, they wanted to go back to Ruby Falls :) I was glad I could share something I remember being special when I was a child with my children.