“A very nice place to stay”

Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place
Ranked #17 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I was in Chattanooga over the weekend and stayed here the staff was very nice the rooms was very clean be back in April and I'll stay there

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Everyone was very friendly and helpful.Love the lady behind the bistro/ bar.Great location,easy to get back on I75.Real big rooms and clean.I would stay their again anytime.Any restaruant you can think of it is close by,also will give you a map and menu to them.They also have Starbuck coffee at the bistro.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I needed a hotel for the night and this hotel was easy access and in a great location. It is just north of the city, but it is next to lots of shopping and restaruants. A Red Lobster is on one side and a J. Alexander's is on the other.

It has the new style lobby with a little bar/restaurant, a new gym, and newer room decorations. It is an above average hotel.

It was a little pricy, but it was nice. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: This is right next to the highway, but I was near the front and didn't hear the road. No worries...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This was a nice, newly renovated hotel with a great fitness room and indoor spa. The bistro was nice. Very convenient to shopping and restaurants. Staff was friendly. We stayed here Christmas Eve and especially enjoyed the Christmas music playing in the lobby area. No complaints from me, except I prefer the free hot breakfast from Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed for the new years weekend and the rates were outstanding considering the holiday!! Front desk personnel VERY friendly and welcoming. The room was wonderully clean and comfortable. Very updated. Would have loved to have had a mini fridge but that's the only complaint. Thank you Courtyard for a very relaxing weekend ;)

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank kimmygirl21769
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We're currently staying the renovated Courtyard next to Hamiltion Place mall and loving it. I am falling in love with the new Courtyard lobby design and decor. We've stayed in several this fall and all have been cheerful, bright, clean and thoughtfully designed for a great experience away from home. The bistro area offers a wide variety of seating choices and tasty breakfast selections. I love the Healthy Start breakfast at the Bistro and don't mind paying for it. So much better than waffles, pastries, etc.
Flat screens are everywhere in both the lobby and bistro area, tucked away in private seating areas and in larger public spaces. I find myself leaving our room more often than I would in other comparible hotels just to enjoy all of the amenities, including the fitness center and separate indoor whirlpool. The rooms are clean, cheerfully designed, and comfortable. We are currently in a first floor king, with patio doors overlooking the pool. Very nice! The only slight negative is that the bathroom sink area is kind of small. Over all, this Courtyard is beautiful and comfortable. The staff is professionally dressed and well trained to provide great customer service. We've enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Request first floor, pool view. Very nice!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I recently stayed at the Courtyard in Chattanooga and was very disappointed to find that there was no elevator. As a person with a disease affecting mobility, I was glad that at the time of my stay, I could climb the stairs to my second floor room. I booked my room on the Marriott web site and there was nothing at all there about the fact that the hotel did not have an elevator. I do not ask for handicapped rooms because others with wheelchairs need them and I do not. I do however expect there to be an elevator in a commercial property such as Marriott. This is not a historic or religious property that should be allowed to circumvent the ADA, yet the staff told me that because the hotel was older and only had two floors, they were grandfathered in. The staff was very nice and offered to help me with luggage, but had i been unable to climb the stairs, that would not have been enough. I had moved away from Marriott for business stays because of another issue last year but decided to try this hotel due to convenience. The staff and the property were very nice but I am very disappointed that Marriott would choose to take the loophole in order to not install an elevator and also would choose to not fully inform its customers of the lack of a usual and customary amenity.

Room Tip: If you have any type of disability or injury affecting mobility, ask for a first floor room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple