All reviews room was clean yogurt our home away from home signs of age waffle maker one night stay sink area restaurants within walking distance first floor flat screen tv off the highway motel
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

We had stayed at the Sleep Inn in Asheville and had been very impressed. This one seems older and not as well maintained. The staff is very nice. Every restaurant you could possibly want is within a 1 mile radius. If you just need a quick, cheap night, this is a good place. Lacks basics like lamps. Bed is hard. Lights turned on by themselves. A/C wasn't very efficient. So this is a cheap place for a short night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night on the tail end of a 9-day motorcycle tour. It was Eclipse Day, so rates in the area were jacked a bit. To their credit, Sleep Inn kept their rates reasonable and that's what earned my business. My room was clean and the bed comfortable, though the pillows not so much. Not very impressed with the reception clerk. When I went to get on the elevator, there was a smelly open trash can full of trash in the elevator. I told the clerk, but she did nothing about it other than blame it on housekeeping. On my second trip to the elevator about 10 minutes later, it was still there, so I rolled it into the lobby area...where it sat for at least another 90 minutes. It made me question how clean are the rooms and the breakfast kitchen areas. Bottom line, the place is a decent value, but I don't plan on coming back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

First they should have a "zero" inn the rating scale. Due to a softball tournament in town hotel selection was short. I have never been told if the hotel rate goes up before your visit you have to pay me price. I argued that point. It's said never judge a book by its cover. Well the outside of decent but the read is terrible. Old, dirty and fashion paux. Rooms were old and dated. The shower was like going in and out of the star trek vessel. For someone tall the toilet seats are too the ground. Room only big enough for 2. I had my family with me. My husband had too talk me out of sleeping in the car because I was ready and there were no other hotels available. Bathroom dirty. Seen locker rooms cleaner. Was not worth the money at all. Since the room was not worth it, I didn't eat the breakfast would hate to see what kitchen looked like.
Sleep Inn vs car. I pick car.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ryan P, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear SusanE1210,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. On behalf of our hotel and staff I would like to personally apologize for the issues during your stay. I would like to personally look more into the billing situation you mentioned with your price changing upon checking-in. We are currently starting our renovation process to update the exterior and interior of our property to enhance our guest experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to better accommodate you the next time you are in the Chattanooga area.

Please email me at gm.tn242@choicehotels.com concerning your billing issues.

Sleep Inn Hamilton Place

Reviewed July 24, 2017

Although we had reserved a non-smoking room, we encountered a strong smoke smell as soon as we opened the door to the first room we were assigned. The desk clerk very kindly gave us another room. Unfortunately, the second room also smelled like smoke, so we had to request another room. The third room, which we ultimately stayed in, did not smell like smoke at all.

Our room was quite nice. The walls needed fresh paint, but the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Our room had a mini fridge and a microwave, a professional-type desk chair, another chair, and a good-sized suitcase area. The room was well lit, and the air conditioner worked well. Although our room was on the first floor near the lobby, we did not hear any noise during the night.

Breakfast consisted of egg and cheese omelets, sausage links, make-your-own waffles, pastries, and yogurt. We did not eat here, so I might have missed something, but it looked like a good selection.

I cannot say enough nice things about the young man who helped us check in and find a smoke-free room. He was so friendly and pleasant and helpful. I wish all hotel desk clerks were like him!

I would have given a higher star rating had it not been for the smoky rooms we encountered. If you care about getting a smoke-free room, be sure to visit your assigned room and check it out before lugging all of your stuff in from the car.

By the way, the desk clerk told us that all of the rooms here are supposed to be non-smoking. But some of the room doors had “No Smoking” signs on them and some did not. If this facility intends to be considered smoke-free, it might help if all rooms were clearly marked “No Smoking.” Furthermore, the rooms that smell like smoke need to be thoroughly cleaned and have that smoke smell completely removed.

Room Tip: If you care about having a smoke-free room, check your assigned room before bringing in all of your luggage!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Ryan P, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Dear Melodie P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. On behalf of myself and our entire team we would like to apologize for the issues noted in your review. We know and understand the importance of having a smoke free room and are starting renovations August 2017 to update our property to ensure situations like this do not happen in the future. Thank you for sharing positive feedback about our front desk staff. Customer service and guest satisfaction is our number one priority and your comments will be shared with the staff member working that evening.

We hope that when your travel needs bring you to the Chattanooga area in the future that you will stop in and give us another opportunity to providing lodging for your trip.

Thank you again for staying with us here at Sleep Inn Hamilton Place

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We arrived at this hotel at 2 am. If it had not been in the middle of the night, with kids, I would have left. The water in the toilet was dark brown. After flushing a few times, it got better but still looked strange. The blanket, not the top decorative comforter, but the white blanket, had several pinkish stains on it. The room smelled a little strange too. The rest of the hotel was very clean. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Annie B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. On behalf of myself and our entire team we would like to apologize for the issues you mentioned. These issues will be noted and addressed immediately.

We hope that when your travel needs bring you to the Chattanooga area again that you will give us another opportunity to better accommodate you.

Thank you again for staying with us here at Sleep Inn Hamilton Place.