All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtour home away from homesigns of agewaffle makerone night staywould stay here againsink arearestaurants within walking distancefirst floorflat screen tvoff the highwaychecking inmotel
Reviewed October 17, 2017

We stayed here on our way to Florida for a family vacation. We arrived around 11 PM on a Sunday night. We were really only there to sleep. After being exhausted from the road we were ready to get to our room. When we went to check in there was a sign stating that the attendant had stepped away from the desk and would be back. After waiting at the desk for 5 minutes, the attendant finally showed up. The room we had was a non-smoking room but it smelled like smoke. The bed was not comfortable at all and that is truly all we were there for. But, for the price that we paid we got what we paid for. The breakfast was serviceable. I probably would not stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017

The staff were reasonably friendly, but they were helpful. The place is 'clean'. Our room smelled like smoke. There was a contact lens on the bathroom floor, which was still there after the maid came. The best thing about it was the location to our family we were visiting. The toilet didn't work properly. I usually stay in Choice Hotels, this was the worst. Very disappointed. Oh, and the beds are doubles... I don't mind outdated décor, but the upkeep was poor, the walls were dirty, you could see the outline of pictures that used to hang there.

Room Tip: Until they clean it and refurbish, don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Susi H
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

We had stayed at the Sleep Inn in Asheville and had been very impressed. This one seems older and not as well maintained. The staff is very nice. Every restaurant you could possibly want is within a 1 mile radius. If you just need a quick, cheap night, this is a good place. Lacks basics like lamps. Bed is hard. Lights turned on by themselves. A/C wasn't very efficient. So this is a cheap place for a short night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night on the tail end of a 9-day motorcycle tour. It was Eclipse Day, so rates in the area were jacked a bit. To their credit, Sleep Inn kept their rates reasonable and that's what earned my business. My room was clean and the bed comfortable, though the pillows not so much. Not very impressed with the reception clerk. When I went to get on the elevator, there was a smelly open trash can full of trash in the elevator. I told the clerk, but she did nothing about it other than blame it on housekeeping. On my second trip to the elevator about 10 minutes later, it was still there, so I rolled it into the lobby area...where it sat for at least another 90 minutes. It made me question how clean are the rooms and the breakfast kitchen areas. Bottom line, the place is a decent value, but I don't plan on coming back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

First they should have a "zero" inn the rating scale. Due to a softball tournament in town hotel selection was short. I have never been told if the hotel rate goes up before your visit you have to pay me price. I argued that point. It's said never judge a book by its cover. Well the outside of decent but the read is terrible. Old, dirty and fashion paux. Rooms were old and dated. The shower was like going in and out of the star trek vessel. For someone tall the toilet seats are too the ground. Room only big enough for 2. I had my family with me. My husband had too talk me out of sleeping in the car because I was ready and there were no other hotels available. Bathroom dirty. Seen locker rooms cleaner. Was not worth the money at all. Since the room was not worth it, I didn't eat the breakfast would hate to see what kitchen looked like.
Sleep Inn vs car. I pick car.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ryan P, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear SusanE1210,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. On behalf of our hotel and staff I would like to personally apologize for the issues during your stay. I would like to personally look more into the billing situation you mentioned with your price changing upon checking-in. We are currently starting our renovation process to update the exterior and interior of our property to enhance our guest experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to better accommodate you the next time you are in the Chattanooga area.

Please email me at gm.tn242@choicehotels.com concerning your billing issues.

Ryan Powers