Blue Moon Cruises - CLOSED

Can't wait to go back

Reviewed September 8, 2014
Katie M
Columbus, Georgia, United States

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 4, 2014

The crew was fantastic; food was good; drinks were delicious; scenery was beautiful. I very much recommend taking a Blue Moon cruise. My family and I went on one this past June. I've been meaning to write this review since then and the experience was memorable enough to finally follow through. Thank you, Blue Moon Cruises, for a great time.

1  Thank Clevib B
Reviewed September 8, 2014

Went here the first night of our honeymoon...we loved it. My husband enjoyed listening to the captain speak about the Tennessee River, he was like a walking and talking encyclopedia. The food was nice. We lucked up and went when there were only two other groups of people on the tour. We enjoyed it and will return!

Also, the crew was incredibly friendly and had cold water available through out the entire trip.

2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed September 5, 2014

The cruise was a wonderful experience. Both fun and interesting. The crew was friendly and the captain was very knowledgeable of the history and geography of the river. The BBQ buffet was tasty. The craft was immaculate, offered seating inside and on the upper deck. I have lived in this area all my life so I am very familiar with the land, but the river experience gave me a new perspective.

2  Thank mawflint
Reviewed August 31, 2014

My best friend and her husband recommended the river cruise in Chattanooga and we made it a point to try it. The crew at Blue Moon were big fun and very friendly. The cruise is very relaxing and we will be back in the fall to do it again.

1  Thank Rhonda B
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Easy to relax on this boat with comfy chairs and tables around the decks not too close together. The full bar and roomy bathrooms were a bonus as well. Our staff was super personable and provided fun and interesting information throughout the cruise. I'm going back to see the Fall colors with my parents in 2 months....can't wait! Thanks Blue Moon

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our eco-cruise. The crew was wonderful, the scenery gorgeous and the boat was in fantastic shape.

1  Thank MrsBS3
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I have to say that I love going on a boat ride. So this was right up my alley. We took the 4pm cruise which was nice because the breeze from the river cut the heat of the day. My husband, daughter and I were the only ones on the top deck. Everyone else was down below in the air conditioned cabin. Frankly, I think they missed the whole point of the trip. This cruise is a great way to see the Tennessee River and get a glimpse of life along the river. We saw large mansions, small old houses, factories and even some cattle coming down to the river for a drink. It's an interesting mix along the river.

But most of all, it was a nice relaxing way to sightsee.... A nice cool breeze and the scenery passing by. For the customers that complained about the food or tvs not working, they didn't get the point. It's a boat ride. Not a disney ride or a restaurant to stuff your face while watching the boob tube. (As a side note, we did ask about the tvs and one of the staff members said they were available to use for corporate type events.) I was glad they weren't on.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we arrived, the owner greeted us and knew who we were without asking. He was very engaging and had lots of information to share. There was another teenager on the trip and he spent most of the time helping steer the boat. I'm pretty sure that made his whole month!

This is something I would definitely do again when in Chattanooga.

3  Thank ALBAtl_Ga
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I took my 18 yr. old grandson on this tour 7/26/14. This was not a good choice for either of us. The boat moves very very slowly down the TN river. There is not much to see on this ride. There were cement/gravel companies, a few houses, an egret nest without the bird present. The TV's on board were not in use. The Bose sound system either was not working well or they did not have the volume up high enough. The food was OK but nothing great. The upper deck and the front of the boat was full when we boarded. That left no place for us to sit outside. The people occupying the few tables and chairs did not offer unoccupied chairs for other guests. Unless you want to stand the whole trip or sit inside you have to board early. Couldn't wait for this tour to end - way too slow and boring! The captain was nice but this did not make up for the long boring ride.

3  Thank scostes
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Took my girlfriend out for our 2 year anniversary for something different than just dinner and a movie. She absolutely loved it! Dinner wasn't really anything special but sitting on the top deck was romantic as there wasn't many people so we had the whole deck to ourselves as the sun began to set. A little pricey but it was worth it to see her smile!

3  Thank Will_Kels
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had our daughters wedding on board. The boat and view were wonderful backdrops. The crew had the boat looking immaculate. Everyone was so accommodating for our decorating along with helpful suggestions. Simple but elegant setting. Crew certainly helped in keeping everything running smoothly with keen awareness and support to needs. Had been on the boat before and this experience superseded our expectations. Captain, crew, and office so gracious and so willing to answer questions.

2  Thank G D