Lowest prices for your stay
US$127
SAVE US$24
Hotels.comUS$127
HIExpress.comUS$127
Destinia.comUS$131
All reviews front desk cinnamon rolls general manager stay there again hot breakfast yogurt breakfast staff highway diner
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2020 via mobile

My family and I stayed June 26th thru June 29th 2020 and loved it! The room was very clean and the front desk staff were very helpful and friendly! Will definitely stay again! Next time—hopefully the COVID will be gone so that we can experience the breakfast too. But that wasn’t the hotels fault they couldn’t open it. Can’t wait to visit again!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Rene' Baker, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2020

Dear KelseyLF,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express CHATTANOOGA DOWNTOWN.

Reviewed March 6, 2020 via mobile

Clean but lacks tubs in bathroom. Did not like that I had to use valet everytime I parked or needed my car. Also they charge daily to park in their faculty. They took the charges off my account but then took away my breakfast buffet.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Adventure636545, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2020

Reviewed January 24, 2020 via mobile

Very nice suite room for the evening in the heart of downtown. Super friendly staff, very clean room. As always, the breakfast was good for free, which is why I always book Express. The breakfast staff was very friendly!

We had a corner room, which had a window to the bedroom that faced MLK. The only issue with the placement of this room was how loud it was, even on a Friday evening/early Saturday morning. I would ask for a different placement next time.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alicathelton
Adventure636545, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2020

Dear Aliciathelton,.
THank you so much for the review of our hotel. I am so happy to know that met and exceeded your expectations. I do hope you will visit us again if your travels bring you back to the Chattanooga area. We look forward to seeing and serving you again. You are why we do this everyday. I can't wait to share this review with my team

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I was slightly early on checking in but the hostess at the front desk was fantastic - very accommodating and did her best to find me a room with a view. The next morning at breakfast I saw her again and she waved "hello", which was just such a nice touch. I was meeting a friend for a "girl's night out" and our room was large and spacious. We hadn't planned to share a bed, but as I booked on a cheap-online site I let the hotel choose our bed and it was a king. Nonetheless, the bed was comfortable, our view from the window was nice, the bathroom was spotless. I appreciated the shower dispensers rather than the tiny bottles that get thrown away and the choice of scents was wonderful. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. The only fault, which is none of the hotel's, is that there was construction on the road right outside - that made walking from the hotel to just about anywhere really too difficult of an endeavor, but that's likely me being particular. I'd come back here.

Date of stay: November 2019
Adventure636545, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear Julianne,

Reviewed December 22, 2019

Holiday Inn Express is a half-mile from the Interstate; very accessible except for some construction. It’s located in an undefined area between Downtown and the highway-laced periphery. I walked to Downtown in about 15 minutes.

Good parking, friendly staff at check-in and breakfast. Spacious & clean room, Keurig coffeemaker, very cool LED lamp on desk. There’s a 24-hour diner across the highway, if you need it.

Holiday Inn Express served up an above-average breakfast (my hot cinnamon roll & turkey sausage combo gave me the perfect protein and sugar buzz I needed to get my day going.) Minor irks: sluggish elevator, super-thin TP, overripe bananas. Still, I’d go back. If it were about $25 less, I’d say 5 stars.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank cdub333
MarQuita B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2019

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 423-664-4321 or mbarnes@vhghotels.com.

Marquita Barnes