Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This is not really a review, but a concern. I will be staying here this month. I was checking the bedbug registry online and there is on entry for this hotel occuring on July 5 2011. I am worried about staying now! Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M H
HIEXLM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

M H,

I am not sure how we were added to the registry that you are speaking about, but I do assure you that we do not have bed bugs. In fact, we have not had bed bugs during my tenure here at the Holiday Inn Express Lookout Mountain (4 years). I do believe that you will find that we have a very nice, clean property and an excellent front desk service team. We look forward to having you here in the near future and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Lookout Mountain as your hotel choice of stay. See you soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel over a weekend with my daughter's soccer team. The service was great and very helpful. The rooms were bigger than many hotels of this caliber. The rooms also include a microwave and mini refrigerator. The hotel was comfortable and clean. The complementary breakfast was good with a variety of offerings.. I was there during November and there was a nice view of the fall foilage from the hotelroom window. We did encounter panhandlers in the parking lot which was alarming. So be careful about leaving any valuables in your car.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ITravelMemphis
Reviewed 15 October 2011

GREAT location for Ruby Falls, Incline Railway, and Rock City Gardens!!! Our room was equipped like you'd expect at a Holiday Inn Express. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast included pancakes, eggs, sausage, and biscuits/gravy in addition to the typical danish, cereal, juice, fruit and coffee items. This location is right across a side street from Cracker Barrel which was a welcome sight after touring all day. The only disappointment was the swimming pool was FREEZING cold and the kids couldn't swim in it. When I inquired about the pool temp, I was told the heater had not been turned on yet (for the season?) and permission had to be granted by a manager before that would occur then it would take awhile for the temp to be comfortable. I find mid-October a little late in the season for turning on an indoor pool heater.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
HIEXLM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

TennesseeDreamer,

It is always our duty to strive for excellence by providing the best service and rooms around the area. Thank you for your response as it is much appreciated by the hotel staff. We work really hard to keep our property in good condition and i'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay. However, I would like to apologize for the pool temperature as I am aware that we will need to start keeping the pool heated with the cooler temperatures upon us. We will be sure to get this taken care of this week so please do not hesitate to take a return visit to the Chattanooga area and we'll make sure that you are well taken care of, as well as our pool being in full operation. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Everything was great while we were there. We loved the breakfast it was the best. The room was very clean and the staff was very courteous. Ashley Wood and AJ Jackson were very helpful. We will stay here again on our next trip. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
HIEXLM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Lisa B,

Thank you very much for the kind review. We take pride and joy in our service and making sure that you guys have the best stay possible. I'll be sure to let Ashley know about the great feedback that she has received as it is always good to hear great things about our hotel and staff members from our guests. Thank you again and I will look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

This hotel is situated right off I-24, so it is noisy outside, but sound proof inside. It also practically shares the parking lot with CRACKER BARREL, TACO BELL & COUNTRY INN & SUITES.
Entering into the lobby, we were greeted by what seemed a younger staff (under 30) and what a fantastic impression they gave. Check in was smooth. And the directions to our room were great.
We booked online thanks to TRIP ADVISOR. Our room was a first floor room directly across the indoor pool. And we chose this pool because it was indoor.However, we couldn't use it on our visit because it wasn't heated yet. (reason for not getting 5 stars)
The room was immaculate and had beautiful, soothing colors. The bathroom was spotless but dated. And the television was still the old school tube type.
The hot, full breakfast was better than expected. The menu included juices, yogurt, milk, coffee, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bagels, wheat bread, English muffins, bananas and a pancake maker. Impressive!
I would stay here again because of the rooms and staff. However, the next time I stay at a hotel and am looking specifically for an indoor heated pool, I will call ahead to make sure it is working. It really was the ONLY bad thing.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TennesseeMom1987
HIEXLM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Hi TennesseeMom1987,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your wonderful feedback as we have had an extremely busy summer. We have worked hard to meet the specifications of all travelers as we are always receptive to the reviews that our guests provide for us. I am very excited that we were able to exceed your accommodation requests, with the exception of the pool. We are working on having our pool heated very soon as the fall months are upon us. I hope that we will be able to provide not only a good room, breakfast, and pleasant staff, but also a newly renovated, heated pool when you return. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stopped here unscheduled for the night during a family trip. Check in w/ Ashley Powell was quick and easy. The room was very clean, beds very comfortable - slept extremely well which is unusual being away from home. Bathroom area was equal to some more elegant hotels. I was really impressed with the continental breakfast which was not your usual continental fanfare....had a push button pancake maker which cooked 2 pancakes in about a minute. Check out w/ another Ashley was quick and problem free. I am a very crittical person, but this was the best hotel. I will recommend Holiday Inn Express to everyone and plan to stay at more when traveling. Loved it!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Jamie P,

I am delighted to have such a great response. It appears that you were pleased all around with your stay. I am happy to know that we have raised the bar to not only meet your expectations but exceed them. I am even more grateful for your business as the staff did express that you were a joy to have at the hotel. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to having you here soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 23 August 2011

There is nothing wrong with this hotel. The staff are friendly, the room was clean and the location is convenient for Lookout Mountain attractions and Chattanooga.
It is a HI Express and as such, I never expect anything too spectacular.
It is the same as most HIE's throughout America. It provides a clean place to stay at a competitive price. I wouldn't want to stay there on an extended break, but for a few nights, it is absolutely fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Welshman101,

Thank you for clearing up any confusion about our property that sets a negative tone for the brand. As stated, we do have a nice, clean property which is accommodating for many different types of travelers. We are gradually undergoing renovations to the hotel as our pool has been renovated most recently. I do invite you and everyone else seeking a place to stay in the Chattanooga area to give our hotel a chance as our employees work extremely hard to provide the top of the line service that our guests expect. I will guarantee everyone that we will make your stay very pleasant, and if for some reason there is an issue, our front desk staff will quickly correct the situation. Thank you again Welshman101 for the review, and more importantly your loyalty to the brand.