All reviews lookout mountain taco bell cracker barrel cinnamon rolls room was clean front desk ruby falls pancake maker incline railway would stay here again free breakfast indoor pool yogurt one night stay biscuits and gravy short drive staff was very friendly
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Started by me trying to book. Called 8 times between 5-6pm. Told Austin the first two times that I wanted to book but I did not want to be put into the call center. He did it anyway. After that my calls started being picked up after 1 ring, 1 second of hold music, then to call center. Showed listings for available rooms on several websites for $139. When booked they wouldn’t honor that price. $186 total. Arrived and was told by Austin that our call center reservation came through after they were out of rooms so he tried to make it work by putting me in a handicap room. (Wouldn’t have had that problem if he answered the phone and took my reservation). Room had a terrible smell. Right by the pool, and the toilet was clogged from previous guests. Never stay here and won’t stay at holiday inn again ever.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Alicia L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear kkeenum86,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a candid review of our hotel! We truly appreciate your feedback.

Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us. Rest assured that I will be discussing your comments with our team in an effort to improve our service for future guests.

We hope that you will give us another chance to impress you the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful time staying in this hotel. It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. Parking was easy and convenient. Staff was extremely helpful as I forgot our shampoo and toothbrushes and they were super kind to give us new ones to use.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Kim H,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a positive review of our hotel! We truly appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We hope to see you again soon during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Check in was awesome. The young guy who helped us was friendly and helpful. Had to wait a while to get room because it needed to be cleaned.... this was 3:30 or so. Room is nasty. I dare not remove my shoes. Bathroom floor sticky and overall cleanliness is lacking. Couldn’t iron clothing because ironing board cover would not stay put. Cheapest mess I’ve ever encountered. Very cheap. Will never stay here again. I feel it’s just unclean. The parking lot isn’t full and we got stuck by the pool and dining area. Horrible location to be. I do not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Don’t stay by pool
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Alicia L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Dear pickytraveler1974,

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

We’d hoped that by the time we stayed, the points in raised in previous reviews would have been dealt with. Sadly not and our experience at this hotel was very poor. We arrived early (1pm) and asked if it was possible to check in early. We were told the whole hotel had been booked the night before and wouldn’t be possible for check in until 3pm. I guess this is fair enough how ever no effort was made to tell us where we could go for 2 hours, whether we could leave our luggage there or even how we got to the main town! Ridiculously I later found there were city maps on the desk! These were not offered! I went back in to the hotel once we realised there was no walk way in to town and the guy on desk gave vague directions, this direction still had no walk way but being Sunday it was quiet enough to walk in the road. We returned about 5pm and waited a good 10 mins before someone appeared at the desk. The room was ok but for the price paid it was not up to standard really. We decided to go and unwind in the pool that had been recommended twice to us. The room was cold and the pool even colder! Not relaxing at all and no changing facilities! After the short cold dip, we decided to get a few (over priced) snacks from the front desk. Again waited and waited. The sign said that they were assisting another guest. What was actually true was the lady was talking to her mate outside! She asked if we had a nice swim to which we explained it was cold. She said we should have asked for the heat to be switched on. Surely the heat should be on as standard???The pillows have given me a sore neck for the next day and we checked out as early as poss. No one even asked if we enjoyed our stay! To sum up customer service poor, location poor and facilities poor! Avoid!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gumus82
Alicia L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Dear Gumus82,

Reviewed May 6, 2018

I only write reviews when a hotel has been very good or very disappointing. We had a two night stay in this facility with poor service. Though the gentleman who checked us in was pleasant and helpful when asked and other staff encountered in the halls were friendly, it is the first time we have stayed in a hotel where our room was not serviced while we were out all day. We never use the do not disturb sign on our door so there was no excuse for overlooking our room except poor management. By the time we returned there was no point in having the beds made. Breakfasts are minimal affairs at the Express hotels but in this one, everything that was suppose to be served at least very warm were tepid at best. There was little heat coming from the light bulbs over the food. The second morning we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Tip to hotel staff, check your food heating equipment and use foil to cover the food as the staff at another Express hotel did. One of the staff told us the hotel was in the process of being renovated (carpet seemed new but walls need painted, mattresses were sagging in the middle), however no amount of renovation will make up for poor service.

Room Tip: The hotel sits between two highways and one is heavy with trucks so bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple