All reviews great location within walking distance children's museum baseball stadium creative discovery museum tennessee aquarium big river movie theater nice hotel breakfast buffet front desk staff a great place to stay indoor pool staff was very friendly parking lot free shuttle ruby falls
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Overall, this was a nice, clean hotel with nice staff. Unfortunately, though, I had a gripe - this reservation was for my 10-year-old son's birthday and we specifically booked this hotel because he wanted to be able to use the hot tub, but the hot tub was broken. This isn't a complaint about the staff because they were apologetic and called for a maintenance person, but that person did not show up until after we were gone. I hate to complain and have been a satisfied gold member for quite a while, but this was a special stay for my son so I was pretty disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Andrea A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

Please accept our apologizes regarding the situation that occurred with the spa during your time on property.. Please know that our team would love another opportunity to ensure that your son had a great stay with our hotel.

Please contact me directly; hopefully, we can make this up to him with another visit to the hotel.

At your service,

Reviewed September 17, 2018

I have never been displeased with a Hilton Garden Inn, and this hotel met my expectations. The bed was very comfortable and there was a nice assortment of pillows. The air-conditioning worked nicely, the water pressure in the shower was perfect, and the room-darkening curtains did their job well. Room 612 is "smallish" but it also has a tiny balcony with two chairs which would be pleasant in cooler weather (though there isn't much of a view). Breakfast was delicious with a large assortment of hot and cold items, and the omelets were my favorite. Two negatives - I had to reconnect to the WIFI every single time I wanted to use it on both of my devices, and although not a problem for me because of my schedule when I was there, I could see parking possibly being an issue for those trying to find a space during the day. My room overlooked the public parking lot and I didn't see any spaces available during the day, but in the late evening there were spaces open. Parking is $10/day plus tax.

Room Tip: 612 (1 king bed, top floor) isn't very large but has a small balcony with 2 chairs and overlooks back side of property by the stadium.

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

So glad that our property and staff met your expectations. Please know that we are contacting our internet vendor regarding the challenge that occurred during your visit, to ensure that everything is in working order.

And, you are absolutely correct that parking can be a challenge at times! Fortunately, we do offer an overflow parking area for our guests directly across the street.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chattanooga!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Check-in? Great. Went to bed. Comforter COVERED in long hairs. Called the front desk to address. No one answered. Got in late, tired, slept on just the sheets. Called the front desk again in the morning, cutoff mid-sentence and told a new comforter would be brought to my room. Never came. Hours later, maid service visited the room. I requested a new comforter. Again. They kindly brought me provisions for a cot. Not the heavy comforter I was expecting. Went down to the front desk. Requested a comforter. Again. 30 min later brought the comforter I was expecting. Left the old comforter, which I placed in the corner of the room. Despite maid service, it stayed there for days. When it was finally gone, I laid in the bed and was covered in long hairs again? Did they put the disgusting comforter back on the bed? It wasn't bad enough that I was being subjected to the hair all over the bed, but it was in the drawers too. They didn't care. It's bad enough that I'm here under mandatory evacuation orders from Hurricane (now Tropical Cyclone) Florence, but I'm also being subjected to sub-par service ON TOP of all the hair. Wouldn't recommend :-(

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Andrea A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

Please accept our apologies for the challenges that incurred, please know that this is not our standard service and we definitely failed to meet your expectations. Also, please know that your comments have been shared with the entire leadership team to ensure that no other guest has the challenge you experience.

Due our team lack of focus on your needs, please know that we have rebated 2 nights of your stay. An updated email showing this adjustment will be forwarded this morning.

If your travels bring you back to the Chattanooga area, please call me directly to book your lodging needs--our team would love to have the opportunity to show that we are better than what you experienced.

At your service,

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Locayion is walking distance to the aquarium and next door to the children's museum which is the best part of this hotel. The rooms are average and nothing special. Similar to a hampton inn room. Breakfast is overpriced. Future trips I'll stay outside of downtown for nicer accommodations at a lower $.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Andrea A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

As you may be aware, we are currently completing phase one of our lobby renovation, phase two will begin in November--we are so excited about our new area! This project should be completed by the end of December and our restaurant, bar, and lobby will have a total new look!

If your travels bring you back to the Chattanooga, please consider our hotel for your lodging needs--we believe you will find value for your money.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I highly recommend this hotel. I was located in the middle of many attractions,and the food was delicious. The staff was courteous, and the rooms were clean. We could not have asked for a more comfortable atmosphere too. We hope to visit there again soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Andrea A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, clean accommodations and lovely restaurant. Our team will always go above and beyond to ensure you feel welcomed and comfortable during your stay, so please join us next time your travels bring you to Chattanooga!