All reviews convention center gated parking living room small kitchen social hour full size fridge free laundry directly across the street hot breakfast waffles front desk staff staff was friendly wonderful hotel nice stay would stay again convenient location short drive
Reviewed June 4, 2017

Hotel rooms and common areas were clean and updated. Breakfast was good and wifi worked well. Best part about this place was the helpful staff. I was there with my wife and 2 year old. We checked out the same day as the race, and the staff were nice enough to store luggage and bikes for us while I was at the race since it would end after checkout time. Extremely helpful and courteous. I believe it was Chris who helped us, and Joey T was the manager.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Dwayne M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience! Joey T and our entire staff work hard to offer service that is second to none. We hope your Chattanooga Ironman experience was has good as your hotel experience was. Great job Ironman!

Reviewed June 3, 2017

We stayed over the Memorial Day weekend holiday. So perhaps some of the negative issues have to do with it being a holiday weekend. From a positive standpoint the hotel was centrally located and the front desk was very helpful on arrival. Breakfast was pretty good and well stocked despite the large number of guests. The suites are comfortable and provide ample space for a party of four and or six. Here in lies the problem: Next door to us there were there was a group having a birthday party. These were mostly kids as they spent their evening in the pool and then ran down the hallway dripping wet, screaming and then pounding on the door. It seem like there were at least 15 kids with perhaps two adults who were not providing adequate supervision. I was next-door and asked them twice to be quiet as I had small children who were trying to sleep. I subsequently called the front desk who did come upstairs and asked them to do the same. Well, the pool finally closed and they subsequently took the party into their room. They were so noisy that it was hard for me to sit in the living room and read a book. My family had already been woken up several times. The next morning several people down the hall had similar complaints about the noise. The same kids were also seen eating their breakfast in the hallway although the downstairs reception area was quite large and comfortable. I spoke with the front desk the that morning and they said they would contact the manager who was not in at the moment.l and I should expect a phone call. They told me that they have no control about how many people can be in a room once the hotel is booked and they couldn't do much about it. Well, we waited all day for a phone call. We then returned to pick up an item we left at the front desk while we are walking around. The next person the front desk told me that the manager will not be there until Tuesday, but she would call us at that time. It is over a week and we have not received the phone call. It's hard to understand why a hotel of this caliber would not have a manager available to address this concern with me directly. Why is the manager not available over a month fully booked holiday weekend in the first place?The front staff did discount our room very slightly ( we paid full price without any prior discounts) but the point is: is this a place we want to go back? Can management figure out a way to control their guests, especially when it seems they have exceeded the maximum number allowed in the room and are very rowdy? I don't know the answer but want to make other folks aware of the situation when they're planning a trip. We will have to have better assurance prior to returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid holidays when bookings are high. No onsite managers
1  Thank stephaniegJ8776FS

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations! Rest assured, we have examined your comments and passed them along to the appropriate departments. It is your feedback that allows us to better focus on areas of improvement.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

We decided to kick off the summer with a quick drive to Chattanooga from Georgia for a few days. Needed to visit a place that had plenty of fun for my 10 year old to start his summer break and this was perfect! Our hotel was across the street from the Convention Center downtown and the FREE electric shuttle was only a few blocks from us (just a few mins to walk) so we were able to leave our car parked for most of the time. The shuttle came in handy for getting to the Aquarium and other local attractions. The morning breakfast was delicious (we arrived Saturday and left Monday afternoon)....plenty of options to start our mornings. Our room was on the 4th floor and we slept peacefully, this hotel does allow pets but we didn't notice any sort of noises/problems during our stay. My son was thrilled to get a chance to take a swim, very nice pool area (the first day we arrived, the smell of chlorine was VERY strong). Parking was $5 per night in their secure lot and we always found a spot when we decided to venture out on our own. Since our suite had a full kitchen, we visited the Walmart to stock up on a few snacks....it took us less than 10 minutes to arrive there. Our Memorial Day holiday was a blast... great weather and an awesome time in Chattanooga! Already thinking of hosting our family reunion next year at this hotel location.

Reviewed May 25, 2017

We stayed here in mid May while in town for a triathlon. When we checked in, they had a gift for everyone racing that weekend - who does that?! Everyone on the staff that we interacted with was friendly, polite, and seemed genuinely happy to be there. I can't remember the last time I saw that at a hotel.

The hotel itself is in a pretty good location - far away from some of the noise & traffic of downtown, but not too far to walk to restaurants & attractions. Public spaces feel updated & well maintained, and breakfast had lots of well-prepared choices. The $5/day parking fee seems a bit much, but the lot is gated and feels secure. Makes sense they would have that, given that the Chattanooga Conference Center is across the street and I can imagine that parking might be an issue sometimes.

Our room faced the highway, but was perfectly quiet - no road noise. That might change when the new exit ramp opens and more traffic is being dumped into the intersection right beside the hotel, so ask for a room facing the parking lot if you're a light sleeper. Everything in the room was in good shape and worked properly. It was nice to have the kitchen, especially an apartment-size fridge.

The only small negative was the A/C unit. It's a wall mount type and blows directly on the couch, so sitting next to it got very cold whenever the compressor kicked on. There also was no channel guide for the TV (that we could find), so lots of pushing buttons to find the evening news.

Overall our stay was great and we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017
2  Thank Gorwell
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

I always appreciate good customer service and at the Staybridge Suites downtown Chattanooga its first rate! Upon my arrival Robert gave me a bottle of cold water and checked me in quickly and efficiently. He also directed me to a gourmet hamburger restaurant down the street that was just awesome! The hotel has everything. A nice gym, swimming pool, a business center. My room was big and comfortable with a living room and a full kitchen. It's also conveniently located right next to the convention center. You can tell they are revitalizing the downtown area and I felt safe everywhere I walked. This is a business man's dream.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business