“Late Dinner with Wife”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The parking lot is always jam packed, and the place was hopping! There were a few tables in the no smoking room. Our waitress Lenina was wonderful, I had wings which were large and hot, very enjoyable. My wife had the ribeye steak, a great value and really good. It's a fun sports bar in town! I'll be back for a Dolphins game this season!!!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We had been to Buds before, but really enjoyed this time. We were running away from Hurricane Irma and found ourselves in Chattanooga. The guy behind the bar strongly recommended the dry rub wings (rather than the ones with sauce on them), and he was right on. They were spectacular. He also helped us with beer selection, which was nice. They were reasonably busy even on a Sunday evening.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We were displaced as a result of Hurricane Irma a former employee Brandi C. recommended we visit Bud's while in town. Wow, when they found out we were displaced the " Red Carpet " was rolled out. Brandi Starr, Brandi Taylor & Michelle were outstanding. When it came time to settle up our tab, the managements generosity was unbelievable. Thanks again to you all for the wonderful Southern Hospitality. Faith, Family & Friends.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

First off, by some of the reviews I was almost afraid to go, not so. Second, yes I agree this place wreaks! Thirdly, not so hard to find non smoking room, just walk in and go left. I also read a lot of complaints about having to cross through smoking to non but I do believe anywhere you would go in this place it is probably bad for your lungs! Food was O.K. just what one would expect from a bar. We tried the stuffed mushroom appetizer as suggested by a fellow TripAdvisor. It was good but I hate Krab and I wish some restaurants would let customers know they are using it, don't advertise crab stuffed mushrooms, big difference. Austin our friendly server/bartender did not write order down and had to return a couple of times to reconfirm. I will say never before have I been to a place that offers a starch with the meatball pasta dish, but no salad. My hubby had penne pasta, meatballs and a side of fries. :( . I tried the "hamburger steak" which I ordered as a chop steak and Austin was clueless. Was o.k. Nothing outstanding by any means during our visit. Ladies room was pretty bad too. If you go, don't expect anything beyond ordinary or less. I also included a pic of the carpet a TripAdvisor complained about.

1  Thank babiescorner
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Years ago when I lived in Chattanooga I used to frequent Bud's when it was in its old location. The food was always good and prices were right, and entertainment was frequent. I had not been to the new location for a couple of years so dropped by late on a Sunday afternoon following a car show. Bud's is old, it is loud, and it reeks of smoke, but I guess that is part of its charm - as regulars keep going there time and time again. I sat at a table near the bar and Nadine took great care of me. I had fish and chips with cole slaw and fries. The fish was the absolute best I have had in a long time. It was crowded and I even ran in to some old friends there. Although it was my first time there in quite a while, I have always had good food and service.

This may not be the place for everyone, but how many sports bars do you know that have been around for 39 years?